Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
We have a first-rate job opportunity for a mid – senior Content Marketing Coordinator at an investment advisory and financial analytics firm’s Cape Town office. They are looking for someone who is able to simplify complex investment information into marketing content to support marketing projects and campaigns. As such you will be creating collateral like emailers, web content, reports, info graphics, video content. In this exciting role you will also have to project manage the production of content, whilst still being a hands-on writer, editor, and proofreader.
Content creation may be from scratch or involve the repurposing of existing content for the company’s various channels and geographies. For example, you might take one type of input (e.g. research report/video interview/article) and adapt it into various outputs (infographic, social, video, press release, website, brochure). Key focuses on this regard are Strategy, Production and Project Management. If you have a keen interest in financial investment and a passion for making it accessible to the layman, this is a great fit for you. Apply today!
- Strategy: the ability to understand the organisation’s varied objectives, target markets and key messages; and producing content to support such. From seeing content potential, distilling key messages, and best practice for each channel/medium
- Production: While specialist creative/production is usually outsourced (e.g., design, shooting, animation, filming etc.), the incumbent should be able to see the production of their content through to completion
- Project management: manage and implement their “micro campaigns” – working with the broader team and service providers, to coordinate activities and see the campaign/project to completion
- Marketing project/mini-campaign coordination – takes brief from internal clients, determines needs and strategy, conceptualises upfront, gathers info to produce supporting content, briefs freelancers and suppliers, ensures all deliverables are met and of the highest standard, manages project and rolls out the solution/campaign appropriately
- Works closely with the rest of the team (design, PR and traffic/production) and supports one another
- Develops, coordinates and maintain marketing materials with internal stakeholders, designers and other relevant freelancers
- Proofread and edit documents, presentations and other written communications produced by colleagues
- Action and manage requests for written marketing collateral or company content.
- Assist with ad hoc formatting of presentations and documents in PowerPoint and Word
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketing teammates and other organisation entities
- Work with agencies, creatives and other freelancers as required.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or demonstrable experience or portfolio
- 5-8 years relevant experience in Content Strategy/Planning, ideally B2B/Investments is advantageous
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills (English). Must be comfortable with both editorial, creative and marketing/sales/brochure type copy
- A thoughtful individual who is able to think strategically and is not afraid to ask tough questions i.e. uses critical thinking to solve complex problems and plan for the future
- Ability to digest complex content to create succinct, clear messages that work across a range of content types via simplified logical structures and can think visually
- Project management skills, including collaboration and communication with all project stakeholders
- Knowledge of, and experience in a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts, with the ability to conceptualise and implement through-the-lines solutions
- Experience juggling multiple projects and competing tasks simultaneously
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail for both written and visual communications
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated
- Excellent team player, collaborator and communicator
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Dual-minded: highly creative but can also be process-driven, think strategically and efficiently
- Excellent at listening, questioning and responding to gained information – will seek to understand complex concepts in order to relay the information in a clearer or simplified manner
- Smart, innovative and always looking for interesting ways to do something better.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.