Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Here is a fabulous opportunity for a mid-weight Content Specialist to make their mark in the financial services sector at a renowned organisation’s Cape Town office. In this exciting role you will be required to research and produce investment-related written content for clients and potential clients across various media, including the company’s quarterly magazine, monthly newsletters, website, social channels, brochures and presentations. We’re looking for someone who has financial services experience or a very strong interest in the subject. If you’re a great writer, innovative thinker and have a passion for content creation, we’d love to chat!
- Research, analyse and form a view on various issues touching the world of investments and investing
- Capture your views and those of experts in the business in well-written articles or scripts for videos and podcasts
- Work closely with other teams to find the story behind data
- Write content for brochures, presentations, videos, post-event communication
- Edit content produced by other people in the business
- Come up with new content ideas and find innovative ways to reuse existing content, and to use content in other formats, e.g. infographics
- Maintain and manage existing content including website and brochures
- Assist in ensuring that appropriate and correct information is effectively communicated internally and externally.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Tertiary qualification e.g. BA (Marketing, Journalism, Languages, History), BCom (Marketing, Economics, Finance), BBusSc (Marketing, Economics, Finance)
- At least three years’ experience in a research or writing-related role
- Financial services experience – preferred
- Analytical thinker with the ability to research, collate and present information in a meaningful manner
- Excellent writing skills and a love of writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker and good listener: ability to come up with ideas
- Good understanding of the digital landscape and social media
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to operate independently as well as within a team
- Proactive approach and thought leadership ability
- Interest in investing as a subject matter essential.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.