Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A simply fantastic job opportunity has become available for a highly talented, Copywriter & Content Creator at an unconventional financial company in Cape Town. You will be working within a team made up of digital marketers, PR specialists, creatives and strategists who are all focused on helping South African’s save for their financial futures. The Copywriter & Content Creator reports into the Brand Communication Manager. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a growing brand that is working hard to make a difference in the lives of its clients. Show us your impressive portfolio!
- Writing emails for clients at different stages of their financial journey
- Creating blog posts that will help educate South African’s on how to improve their finances and save for retirement
- Engaging with the company’s Social Media communities. This includes inbound and outbound engagement. (i.e. answering questions received but also engaging other relevant topics happening on Twitter)
- Support with the development and maintenance of content calendars
- Report the effectiveness of the company’s content efforts and make recommendations for improvement
- Proof-reading and editing content created by other people in the marketing team and across the company
- Creatively repurpose existing content.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or certification in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or creative writing
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Content Marketing, Copywriting, or Social Media Management
- Experience in Financial Services, with strong performance track record will be an advantage
- Know your way around Facebook Business Manager and other Social Media tools and platforms
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics
- You have worked with a CRM system (e.g. HubSpot, Intercom) and CMS (e.g. WordPress) before
- Microsoft word is a very close friend of yours
- When it comes to researching topics and creating content you don’t just get your hands dirty, you’re willing to get elbow deep in information to find new angles and original ways of presenting ideas
- You enjoy collaborating, learning from others, and sharing ideas. You also know when to put your head down and get on with your own work
- Strong attention to detail
- You know what an Oxford comma is
- Numbers and financial terms don’t scare you.
- You want to know your work will have a positive impact on people’s lives
- You accept responsibility when wrong and stand your ground when you’re right
- You ask questions
- You love words
- Collaborative – team player
- Authentic and genuine.
Please send your relevant writing portfolio with your application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam456