Looking for an exciting change while boosting your career trajectory? We’ve got just the thing for a talented Creative with adventure on the mind. We have a fantastic job opportunity for an Art-based, mid-weight CD/Creative Group Head at a super TTL ad agency in Lusaka, Zambia. The agency is part of a leading global advertising Group. This opening is ideal for a TTL Art Director keen to step up into the creative lead role. The successful candidate should come with great design, leadership skills and ATL experience. Don’t miss out, apply today!
- Ensures the production of high-quality creative work that enhances the reputation of the agency and wins awards.
- Knowledge of each step of an advertising campaign’s process to give the creative team direction.
- Good knowledge and application of multiple channel executions.
- Embed innovative thinking into core business activity.
- To remain up to date with new ideas, techniques and styles (i.e. art, films, TV programs, music, fashion, trends etc).
- To actively seek inspiration from the external environment to influence creativity.
- Understands and appreciates the nature and values their client’s brand.
- To familiarising themselves with the product and competitor activities in the market.
- Proficient in discussing the client’s core message and target audience.
- Ability to generate lots of fresh, original ideas from a brief.
Talent Management & Internal Relationships:
- To lead and inspire a creative team to develop powerful and highly commercial design solutions for a portfolio of clients.
- To manage the creative team from concept to completion of the projects and present to management.
- Fosters team spirit within the department by sharing professional experience to improve overall department effectiveness.
- Makes the department aware of any new technologies that could improve overall agency quality.
- Able to quickly build constructive but uncompromising relationships within the business.
- Manage and develop the team within Group Values.
- Provide regular feedback to Creative teams. Act as coach and mentor and support their career development.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to individuals on their Creative work.
- Provides a clear direction for the team in support of business objectives.
- Effectively manages poor performers and difficult discussions.
- Recognises and values work done well.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Visual Communication qualification from a recognised institution
- TTL experience (including ATL design) – a must
- A thorough knowledge of design and production across all media and a thorough understanding of marketing communications
- Experience in solving both marketing and communication issues – a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills – important
- Able to develop “original ideas” and direct appropriate artistic executions
- Able to collaborate with clients and colleagues throughout the development and production processes
- Able to clearly articulate creative ideas and concepts and present those ideas in a compelling and persuasive manner to clients
- The ability to develop creative approaches (solutions) designed to impact human behaviour based on a thorough understanding of target audience needs and concerns and thorough knowledge of design and production across all media – essential
- Personal pursuit of knowledge and experiences designed to enhance creative abilities and heighten artistic appreciation in areas such as music, painting, filmmaking and creative writing are encouraged.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.