Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Creative Head to take the reins at the in-house Marketing studio of an innovative life insurance company Group based in Durban. We’re looking for a dynamic individual with strong leadership skills to build and lead the creative discipline at this internal creative studio. The successful candidate is conceptually strong with outstanding design skills and the ability to provide clear direction to the small creative team made up of a multimedia designer, copywriter and external partners. As Creative Head you will be responsible for unpacking briefs, articulating and developing strong conceptual ideas that resonate with the target audience and live comfortably online or offline. These creative concepts need to translate into practical campaigns that drive the bottom line for business. In this role you will develop and roll out end-to-end marketing campaigns across all platforms (digital and non-digital) to the company’s different target audiences in the financial industry. You will also work with internal teams such as Marketing, Sales and Distribution, Technology and UX/UI. The internal studio is the brand custodian and is responsible for ensuring all external service providers are empowered to work with the brand. As Creative Head, you will require a strong production knowledge which will aid you in outsourcing to relevant vendors. A good grasp on service design and then some exposure to UX and UI fundamentals will give you an added advantage as a creative in this environment. This is an unusual opportunity to own the creative work and build up a small studio is not to be missed!
Please note: this role is remote, but you will be required to be on-site at their offices every few weeks.
- Lead and direct the creative team within the internal agency
- Roll up your sleeves and create
- Work closely with the internal agency Manager to grow the creative discipline of the studio
- Adhere to project timelines and budgets
- Present creative work with confidence
- Be proactive and produce outstanding work beyond the brief
- Work as a team player ready to take on any project that may come into the internal agency
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams within the business.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum of 3-year recognised tertiary qualification in graphic design, visual communications or equivalent
- 6 to 8 years’ experience with at least five years’ experience as a Designer/Art Director at a reputable advertising agency or internal creative studio
- Experience on an insurance or financial services brand – advantageous
- Conceptual thinker with solid design skills
- Management skills leading and developing other creatives
- Proficiency with design software Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc.
- Up to date with latest digital creative trends and ability to execute them across different digital channels
- Ability to translate heavy content into a visual story
- A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums, and you know your way around developing slick PowerPoint presentations with the ability to bring the story to life
- Able to direct photoshoots, illustrators and animators
- Self-starter and ability to inspire
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to direct and nurture creative resources, and build a culture that enables inclusivity
- Ability to give clear and concise direction to team members
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a close-knit team
- Able to take ownership and responsibility
- Demonstrates effective self-management and good judgement, high EQ, confident, and communicates effectively with strong presentation skills
- Keep up with the latest industry and marketing trends and innovation, and the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.