Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Got that finger of yours on the cultural pulse of the nation? If you’re an on-trend, music-mad and dance-loving, pop culture aficionado you may have stumbled upon your dream job! We have a thrilling job opportunity for a mid-senior Culture Marketing Events Manager at a global youth culture brand’s Johannesburg office. We’re looking for someone dynamic with a strong music background. This pop culture brand’s Culture Marketing programme is a successful pillar of their global marketing mix with a strong focus on music and dance. The purpose of the Culture Marketing Event Manager is to support the brand’s path to becoming the most aspiring brand through activating and executing world class marketing initiatives across music and dance. This role is responsible for the execution of live and virtual music and dance experiences as well as strategy and programming. This extremely exciting role will see you leading and executing brand owned and third-party initiatives within the culture portfolio. The Culture Marketing Events Manager will work cross-departmentally to ensure impactful, high-quality and consistent strategic executions for the brand in line with the culture strategy. The successful candidate is an excellent project manager, an expert at converting creative ideas into realistic timelines with actionable tasks that deliver tangible results. You are a creative manager with strong music and dance experience and have a diverse music and dance network you can work in a matrix structure with several internal and external stakeholders. You understand township culture and the lay of the land – as it’s important for the brand to be credible in townships. Your creative and innovative mindset drives your passion for art and culture. Ideally, you must also have some event strategy experience. We’re looking for someone with solid, large scale event implementation experience, ideally someone who’s worked on the production of music festivals, multi-tiered brand launches (including budget management, stakeholder communication) with excellent execution and admin skills. If you dance to the cultural beat of the nation, you do not want to miss this opportunity!
- Work on strategies within dance and music alongside line manager to ensure Business Objectives are met
- Contribute to the always on business planning process with creative and innovative project ideas for our to appeal to our target consumers in alignment with overall targets and KPIs
- Contribute reaching all national marketing and sales targets
- Work closely and constructively with the South Africa Marketing team and HQ to ensure there is consistent balance between global strategies and regional objectives
- Work with project management team and stakeholders on standardising processes and procedures to maximise efficiency and produce the highest quality work
- Formulate new ideas with local relevance
- Establish the culture team as a powerful support function, assisting regional Field Marketing teams with regional culture relevant projects
- Ensure required strategic support is granted in the Music and Dance regional plans
- Maintain and roll out programme guidelines for regional stakeholders responsible for culture marketing initiatives and event production
- Work with key stakeholders and third parties to develop new production and branding solutions
- Serve as a ticketing expert, supporting a cross functional team of stakeholders to ensure the event’s network maximises opportunities for data analysis and incremental revenue
- Ensure effective workflows and project management
- Deliver unique, high impact event concepts, collaborate cross-functionally, and execute the brand’s Culture Marketing’s events, ensuring a best-in class consumer experience
- Strategically define key regionally relevant initiatives that pave into brand Culture Marketing objectives
- Be hands on event managers of the brand’s owned event properties in dance and music, from planning to production, to reconciliation and learnings
- Have a thorough understanding of the South Africa dance and music industry landscape, engaging with key South African music and dance institutions for relevant projects and initiatives
- Engage with and source key initiatives partners that align with brand Strategy.
- Collaborate and Lead with key stakeholders within South Africa and HQ – including activation, digital programming, artist marketing, brand, and sales departments — to build execution plans that maximise the impact of the events across the business
- Set up detailed project documentation, roles, responsibilities, timelines and budgets in collaboration with the project team to optimise outcomes against pre-defined KPIs from all functions
- Closely manage project budgets including the development of accurate cost estimates for projects as well maintaining the budget and post project reporting
- Communicate key dates, action items, and updates regularly with the project team and stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of event projects. Lead project related meetings along with a timely follow up of meeting notes and action items
- Oversee the event production in tandem with production partners on-site to ensure the event vision gets produced as planned
- Serve as branding expert across events working with key stakeholders and third parties as necessary to ensure the relevant brand message is consistently communicated
- Run all activities within the respective legal framework
- Establish a strong external team that has specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-based goals, delivers results
- Provide consistent feedback and effective coaching to the Culture projects team and wider Field Marketing team.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 4 Years Events Marketing Experience, Completed vocational training in the fields of event, culture management or equivalent, with a focus on Marketing and Communications
- BA/BSc University Degree
- Excellent in English, additional language skills are an advantage
- Proven experience in managing A-brand(s) and teams in an international consumer marketing environment, ideally in music, technology or consumer lifestyle marketing
- Clear understanding of the South African event landscape in key regions and townships
- Experience producing Music or Dance events, with a strong understanding of South African music landscape – non negotiable
- Experience in working with ticketing platforms, promoters, labels, agents, agencies, event partners, suppliers and creatives/designers
- Knowledge in activating large scale events with ATL and BTL
- In-depth knowledge of music industry standards & practices
- Proven track record of strong planning, organisational and project management competencies
- Ability to execute ideas with a focus on quantitative metrics to reach set goals
- Exceptional communication skills including active listening ability
- An established network of agency, production dance and music industry contacts.
- A proven “taste” record identifying, supporting and delivering results for innovative, zeitgeist-leading music projects
- A keen dance and music lover with a strong affinity for the entertainment space, a strong sense for details and innovation
- Keen understanding of local entertainment industry, media landscape, brands and how they operate within music and dance
- High affinity for social media and digital marketing tools
- Background in brand and culture marketing, in a fast paced high-growth environment
- Ideally some event strategy experience
- Strong strategic clarity and organisational skills; exceptional executional skills
- Team player, creative, open-minded, ingenious, innovative, and self-motivated with a “can do” attitude and focused on delivering results
- Proven project manager, able to multi-task and prioritise tasks across multiple projects – stress-resistant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including project presentations and recaps
- Someone who doesn’t take themself too seriously
- Energetic, action-oriented, passionate and light-hearted individual who is a team player
- This person must be able to work on weekends and after hours.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.