Calling all junior-middleweight Designers available to contract remotely! A UK-based agency is on the lookout for a driven & enthusiastic junior to mid-weight Designer for a fabulous, remote, 6-month contract job opportunity. The successful candidate will work closely, but remotely, with the Art Director and Senior Designer to deliver killer creative work. Working in a small creative team means they have to be eager to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in with a myriad of projects, whether that be social, brand identities, sampling, experiential or virtual experiences. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects to bring the creative direction & ideas to life through design. What this looks like will vary week to week, with about 80% of the role focused on designing and 20% on creative thinking. The ideal candidate should be a highly creative designer who has a solid understanding of typography, layouts, and is on top of rising design trends. This role would suit a talented designer interested in gaining a multitude of experience and is capable of learning on the go. You will need to be available for morning and afternoon status meetings. Don’t miss out on this truly exciting opportunity to work remotely.
- Assisting the Senior Designer in creating branding and marketing collateral for clients in a range of industries – this could include corporate documents, posters, signage, social posts, pop-up stands, 2D mock-ups etc.
- Rolling out a visual style or brand identity into new assets
- Redesigning/tidying up client-facing presentations
- Come up with design concepts that fit the client’s needs and objectives, be a brand guardian for our clients and brand assets
- Work with Account Handling teams to understand the project requirements and take a ‘brief’ collaboratively.
- Respect the process but know how to work within and around it whilst still producing the best results
- Happy to work on both design and artwork briefs
- Set up cutter guides, die cuts and artwork layouts
- Present options for design treatments
- Understand the environment that designs will be printed/placed and in order to best inform designs
- Estimate the time the project will require, and provide a cost quotation
- Think creatively and be proactive in suggesting specialist treatments and materials to make design thinking best in class
- Create final designs, working to a deadline and budget
- Amend designs according to the clients’ final comments
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print
- Maintain a positive, collaborative working style both internally and externally Financial Management and Commercial Performance
- Understands the financial process (Ten Commandments) and assumes responsibility for team adherence to these.
Occasionally the role would include:
- Supporting our Art Director with creative thinking & visual style recommendations
- Being collaborative in creative meetings and brainstorming ideas
- Curating creative mood boards & image searching.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite Experience
- Digital and social media experience
- Experience with Brand Guidelines
- Passion for Art and Design – culturally active
- Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Good listener, not afraid to ask questions if unsure
- Great attention to detail
- Positive attitude, team player
- Excellent communication (both written and verbally)
- The ability to work collaboratively as a team, but also independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Good organisational skills
- Willingness to listen to feedback and the ability to apply it to improve their work
- Enthusiasm to integrate into agency culture
- Experience in a creative agency – preferable but not essential
- Video editing – a bonus
- Basic animation – a bonus
- Retouching – a bonus
- Lightroom proficiency – a bonus
- No-nonsense, straight talking, firm and fair – the team considers and respects those around them
- Pro-active, self-starter who is flexible in an ever-changing environment.
Please submit your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.