Digital Guru! We’re looking for you! We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Copy-based Digital Creative Director at the Johannesburg office of one of SA’s leading agencies. As Digital CD in this exciting role, you will be responsible for managing a team and creating high-level concepts for one of the agency’s major clients.
This is a wonderful chance to bring your solid Digital creative experience and excellence to a superb agency in this hybrid role. Don’t miss out, apply today!
- To produce and craft original and usable concepts in response to creative briefs
- Directing the creative functionalities of concept development, collaborating with team members, creating a work environment, meeting work expectations, and discussing team goals and achievements
- Ensuring the effective maintenance of creative functionalities, developing the creative products as per the market standards, maintaining the quality of creative work projects, and operating the designing firm in a profitable manner
- Providing strategic solutions to the company and clients considering their market stakes involved in creating a brand reputation for their organisation
- Accommodating the client’s needs and requirements as per the marketing goals and strategies, creating unique brand promotion concepts in accordance with the client’s promotional scheme, prioritising the creative work as per the client’s demands, and translating the client’s profile into a creative visual experience
- Leading the creative team for processing the client’s projects in a specified manner, assigning duties to the creative/account management team, and leading the team in carrying out post-production activities like video graphics, motion graphics, interactive web integration, and web marketing
- Developing and writing the plans of promotional campaigns, preparing it’s detailed presentation report, and assigning various responsibilities to team members for carrying out the promotional campaign effectively
- Keeping track of the latest advancements in the technologies used in creative direction and understanding the progress in marketing technologies like digital marketing technology
- Collaborating with working partners for strategising the progress of creative functionalities, making relevant changes for competing with market standards, focusing on threats from the competitors, and developing the strategic plans for combating the threats
- Directing activities for professional development of organisational team members, conducting creative workshops for staff members, implementing corrective strategies in promotional activities, and recommending promotion of team members based on their productivity
- Taking important decisions that ensure the organisational profitability without compromising the creative quality of the project, directing constant improvement in creative quality, and enhancing the designing capability for accomplishing the task
- Conducting market study for understanding the competitors’ creative art, planning, and preparing a strategic development plan for creating the agency’s marketing strategies, branding functionalities, and business development plans
- Managing external agents like photographers, printers, freelancers, web developers, etc., and coordinating them according to the work of art directors, copywriters, and other post-production workers
- To present work internally and externally in a clear and professional manner
- Work closely with relevant account teams, ensuring effective communication and management of team’s expectations
- Work with account teams to understand the client’s brand and manage projects in a way that will support the delivery of the brand
- To manage and take ownership of projects from origination to completion.
- Disseminate learning through other creative teams and the department
- Actively support and involve team members at the appropriate time to resolve issues
- Encourage all members to look for collaborative ways to make the agency a great place to work.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree or Diploma in Copywriting
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience
- Digital ad agency experience – essential
- Experience with e-commerce and content sites
- Conceptual thinker and strong executor in both visual and interaction design
- An ability to promote and inspire a culture of creative and digital innovation with a finger on the pulse of what new and possible
- Thorough understanding and application of publishing analytics
- Computer literacy:MS Word, MS PowerPoint or Keynote, MS Outlook
- Chase/Workbook experience
- An understanding of various production procedures, computer software and web design principles
- Working knowledge of photography, typography, and other printing techniques
- Creativity, insightfulness, a unique understanding of the creative process
- Leadership and client facing qualities
- Be able to inspire a team
- Ability to marry up data and insights with creative output
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communication skills.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.