Digital Designer: Digital Solutions Company – Cape Town
We have a lovely opening for a junior to mid-weight Digital Designer to join the team at a digital solutions company based in the Cape Town International airport precinct. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is comfortable rising to challenges as there will be the odd moment of high-volume output. The role will see you responsible for participating in the ideation and creation of premium designs across various Digital platforms, including but not restricted to desktop, mobile, Social Media and email.
- Responsive websites
- Google display ads
- Social Media elements
- Working from and interpreting briefs
- Creation of design and assets for use on our website, brand file and social media platforms
- Work closely with copywriters on social content and strategies
- Work within time frames to meet deadlines
- Conceptualise, design and maintain all required material for online use.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Visual Communications qualification from a recognised institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a digital environment
- Able to design in Affinity (alternative to Illustrator)
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and Bootstrap – beneficial
- Wire-framing – beneficial
- Good understanding of UX (highly advantageous)
- InDesign, Illustrator – beneficial
- Adobe Photoshop – essential
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge and interest of web standards, best practices and technologies to maintain all the brands’ websites in terms of content, design, development and functionality.
- Natural interest in social media and digital trends and assist with creation and presentation of the brands and companies on social media platforms.
- Able to take a project from brief to completion
On application please forward a link to portfolio (or PDF).
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you