Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Novelist Dostoevsky said, “Deprived of meaningful work, men and women lose their reason for existence; they go stark raving mad.” Nobody wants that! So, keep your sanity intact by applying for this tremendous job opportunity that is truly meaningful and rewarding. We’re looking for a dynamic and dedicated mid-weight Digital Fundraising Officer to enrich the Cape Town team at a global animal welfare organisation. As Digital Fundraising Officer for South Africa, together with the team, will be tasked with acquiring once-off supporters and converting them to regular supporters – ensuring sustainable income to support campaigns and projects at the organisation. Moreover, you align processes and projects with the Head of Fundraising South Africa and the international Digital Fundraising team. If you would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with a passionate group on their important mission, this is your chance.
- Creating content and executing targeted fundraising, lead generation and conversion campaigns on social media and other online advertising platforms and ensuring the highest possible ROI
- Implementing advanced tools to optimise best use of social media advertising such as pixels
- Developing donor journey e-mailers based on behaviour and other analytical insight to reduce the attrition (drop-off/churn) rates
- Segmenting supporters in a CRM including GDPR compliance, assessing previous results with insights on donor behaviour and tracking current campaign for conversions
- Collaborating to upgrade existing gifts, reactivating lapsed donors and upgrading once-off donors into regular giving donors through segmented e-mail and telemarketing campaigns, ensuring communication is targeted, effective and relevant
- Reporting to the Head of Fundraising to populate and monitor performance of campaigns
- Supporting the development and implementation of a long-term digital fundraising strategy and the overarching fundraising goals of the South African office
- Regular knowledge and tactics sharing with the communications department to stay up to date of social media and fundraising market trends.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry related qualification
- Several years of proven experience with Facebook and Google display advertising
- Experience in sales through digital channels or online donations
- Ideally experience with an advanced CRM system such as Salesforce or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics for website tracking and improving user experience as well as Google Grants (AdWords)
- Relevant qualification in digital marketing or e-commerce fields
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Afrikaans
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Great affinity to animal welfare and the NGO’s related values and issues.