A leading South African omnichannel retailer in the health & wellness space has an exciting hybrid opportunity for a digital first, mid-weight Marketing Manager to join their team in Cape Town’s southern suburbs.
This earth friendly company is on the hunt for a passionate individual to lead their Marketing team. Part of a group of disruptive consumer brands, this role works closely with the group Marketing function, central studio, and technical capabilities, as well as the Marketing teams of other brands under the group’s umbrella.
As Marketing Manager in this role, you have a comprehensive understanding of the health-conscious customer and are able to expand the awareness of how to meet their needs. You should be experienced in strategic eCommerce Marketing and eager to work in a small team with big dreams.
The ideal candidate has experience in developing and executing marketing campaigns, driving brand awareness, customer acquisition and retention, and managing cross-functional workstreams. The right person for this role is equally proficient with day-to-day marketing activities as well as long-term strategising, able to juggle tight deadlines, meet changing customer needs and not forget to have fun at the same time.
If you are keen to work on meaningful brands in an industry you feel passionate about, answer this call to join a young, forward-thinking, high-performance team at a start-up doing great things on the retail health scene. Apply today!
- Enhance current brand positioning, grow brand awareness, and target audiences across all channels
- Develop clearly measurable and channel-specific marketing strategies
- Lead the execution of marketing campaigns through effective cross functional collaboration
- Know our customer. Through, analysing consumer insights, market trends, and staying up to date with best practices in digital marketing
- Engage in analytics and reporting to extract insights for campaign development and go-to-market strategies
- Partner with the design, commercial, tech, CRM and Google Ads teams to drive a coherent marketing strategy.
Strategy & Planning
- Draft and direct the annual marketing budgets to maximise ROI
- Track performance vs. plan and if necessary, adjust strategy & marketing activities.
Reporting & Analysis
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis and optimise accordingly.
- Drive website traffic using paid & owned digital channels
- Drive customer acquisition and retention across all channels
- Work with CRM, BI & Dev teams to develop data-driven customer segments and personalisation
- Work with the Partnership Manager to set up new partner programs and generate qualified leads
- Work with the Social Media Manager & CRM team to grow the community across all platforms
- Work with the Digital Paid Media Manager to ensure that our paid search and display campaigns are set up correctly, balancing ROI and spend, and speaking to our strategic brand objectives.
- Conceptualise and execute multichannel acquisition and retention campaigns, ensuring the alignment of brand and messaging across all channels
- Own all campaign rollouts. By working with all stakeholders, ensure all deadlines are adhered to.
- Conceptualise and oversee the development of channel-specific creative briefs for ongoing assets and stand-alone campaigns
- Guide creative direction to meet objectives for all channel-specific, customer-facing communications
- Drive the execution of the affiliate, CRM, and social media marketing strategy.
Content Creation & Dissemination
- Develop strategic content based on the annual content calendar to bring the brand to life in all channels while directly linking it to commercial objectives and consumer/market trends.
- Oversee the seamless functioning of the blog and coordinate its continuous content updates.
- Nurture internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Communicate with the management team about marketing campaigns, strategies, and budgets.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Advertising
- Proven track record in digital growth marketing
- 4-6 years of relevant marketing experience or 6 – 10 years relevant brand management experience
- eCommerce and Digital experience is a must!
- Experience in the health and wellness industry, or a strong passion for this industry
- Strong digital & growth marketing skills
- An eye for creativity and the ability to evaluate concept, copy and design
- Ability to create and execute marketing campaigns and plans
- Project & time management
- Operational excellence and decision-making skills
- Metrics driven marketing approach
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM
- Social media marketing knowledge
- AI experience within the marketing field – an added bonus
- Knowledge of Google analytics and/or Power BI
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Accountability and initiative
- Finger on the pulse of current trends & micro-trends (health & wellness, food & pop culture)
- Able to work effectively with colleagues in an environment of respect and mutual trust and guided by strong company values and purpose.