We have an incredibly exciting 12-month contract opportunity for a dynamic and driven mid-senior Events & Promotions Manager at a renowned retail, commercial & tourism destination in Cape Town. We’re looking for someone with solid, all-encompassing large scale event experience.
As the Events and Entertainment Manager you will support the Senior Manager with planning, managing, and overseeing the operational implementation of Events and Promotions to support the company’s and Business Unit Marketing strategy. The successful candidate will join the events department that is responsible for creating immersive, compelling and commercially viable brand experiences. You’ll be responsible for driving a positive brand perception, as well as positively impacting consumers, visitors, tenants, and other stakeholder experiences.
The role further supports and manages the destination as a venue in relation to agencies and clients wishing to host brand activations and events within its spaces.
Have you got what it takes? If you are a meticulous, highly organised, and passionate events and promotions guru looking for a 1-year contract at a renowned destination we’d love to chat. Apply today!
Event, Entertainment, Promotions Management and Administration
- Ensure the effective delivery and roll-out of experiential events by managing and overseeing events
- Ensure the effective delivery and roll-out of brad activations/promotions by managing and overseeing promotions.
- Coordinate and supervise all resources to ensure relevant, meaningful, and successful events (including internal and external parties)
- Proactively direct and manage multiple events on time and within budget
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to eventing compliance, procurement guidelines, health & safety regulations in collaboration with the relevant BU’s
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios to create contingency and crisis-management plans and mitigate risks when necessary.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with business, marketing, internal and external service providers
- Proactively utilising events to meet stakeholders’ requirements by providing a centralised, professional, and effective eventing service
- Foster positive network and relationships within the Event Sector and City Officials across Cape Town.
- Plan, track, evaluate, analyse, and ensure compliance with project budgets
- Prepare and compile financial reports on projects.
Programme Evaluation and Reporting
- Work in collaboration with Senior Manager: Commercial Brand Properties
- Ensure that measures of success are created upfront (qualitative and quantitative)
- Monitor and evaluate Events and entertainment performance against the set criteria
- Compile / prepare post-campaign reports for feedback to the key stakeholders (internal and external) and where relevant present findings.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- B. Tech in Hospitality, Tourism or BCom Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Event Management/Project Management Certificate/Diploma will be advantageous
- 7+ Years Experiential Event Management, Brand Activation, Marketing experience
- FMCG, Tourism, Brand, Consumer, Experiential, Conference experience
- Strategic, Experiential, Engagement Marketing experience
- Events and Promotions experience
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry as it relates to contracting entertainment for events
- Technical information relating to audio visual and sound
- Sponsorship management, negotiation, client relations skills
- Project and resource management experience
- Budget management skills
- Safety at Sports and Recreational Act South Africa knowledge
- Knowledge of City of Cape Town events permit procedures and requirements
- Knowledge of City of Cape Town disaster management in relation to events
- Knowledge of National Buildings Regulations Act relating specifically to temporary structures
- Knowledge of crowd and public facility management
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of Marketing principles and processes (e.g., agency selections, briefings, conceptual and creative evaluation, debriefings etc.)
- Brand and Corporate Identity creation experience
- Diagnostic/Tactical thinker
- Numerical/Financial Management
- Project management skills
- Good time management
- Able to multitask
- Planning and organising abilities
- Meticulous and detail-orientated
- Adaptable and flexible
- Communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Leadership and relationship building abilities
- Emotional intelligence
- Flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and after hours as and when required.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.