Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Got your eye on what’s hot and happening for FMCG youth culture brands ‘on the ground’ in your region? We want you! We have 3 thrilling job opportunities for the mid-weight role of Field Marketing Manager at an edgy global FMCG beverage brand in the following regions: Cape Town, Gqeberha (PE) and Bloemfontein.
The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for building the local face of the Brand in their region in the most relevant way and in line with the global and national strategies and priorities. In this incredibly exciting role you will be required to build strong local networks including opinion-leaders and key influencers both online and offline. Identifying and working with relevant social media influencers in your region, you will leverage their social media and digital presence to increase impact in the field. The successful candidates will create and implement marketing initiatives within Student Marketing, Sports, Culture (Music/Dance) and Communications. You’ll be responsible for leveraging sales opportunities and encompassing local needs and specificities. These thereby impact the heart of local consumers and ultimately lead to the successful development of the business. The Field Marketing Manager is constantly out ‘in the field’ making things happen, this is not an ‘office’ job. You’ll spend three days a week in the field.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Field Marketing superstars to work for one of the world’s most sensational, innovative and popular brands. Ready to capture ‘the field?’ Don’t miss this one!
Strategic Direction and Rightness of Brand Priorities
- Infuse global and national Brand priorities, strategies and the Brand’s philosophy in the field focusing on building a local face of the global brand
- Ensure top-notch understanding of the consumer in various fields across the region which forms the basis of local idea generation and execution
- Define ideas and programs which win new users, drive trial & consumption by being relevant daily, build brand image and increase understanding of the product functionality on a local level (Working closely with National Marketing and Sales Specialists)
- Be the regional intelligence, sharing market insights (consumer insights, competitors, etc.) with the national team
- Work in conjunction with the regional sales team to build mental availability hand in hand with the physical availability within On Premise & Off Premise ensuring the product is at arm’s reach in every field marketing activity
- Deliver the annual approved business plan for the region
- Drive relevance across a variety of consumption occasions and moments of need through tailored messaging, amplification of occasion campaigns and activating the right big moments in the region
- Set the regional communication strategy together with national specialists based on national programs and regional priorities in order to boost local output
- Work cross-functionally, managing internal and external requests in line with the annual business plan priorities.
Premium Appeal of Local Pride
- Create and support local key events, scenes and marketing opportunities in line with brand values and relevant to the local consumer and media landscape, with a focus on participation
- Ensure that every consumer experience with the brand is a positive one thanks to love for the detail and premium execution at events and all other field marketing activities
- Always have the “consumer” and “brand” eye in every single initiative and ensure we talk to the consumer in the most effective and efficient way with a strong focus on digital and social media, while ensuring that all the communication with the consumers follows all data principles
- Add value to selective 3rd party events by determining the appropriate level of brand support and branding with the objective of increasing brand visibility and product usage in relevant scenes
- Build a top-notch network and sustainable relationships with key social opinion leaders of the region (Local authorities, local sport and cultural opinion leaders relevant to our target, entrepreneurial and at work opportunities, media outlets (TV, radio, print, digital and social media)
- Incorporate the Brand’s athlete activations in your plans and build smart 360 plans to amplify reach
- Continually re-apply global, national and regional best practices when and where it makes sense
- Activate content of the Brand’s media network by identifying the right opportunities and contribute ideas & concepts
- Foster a premium and aspirational local face of the brand on local social media owned channels
- Leverage the event vehicle programme in the right way to excite and surprise consumers.
- Understand the latest generational trends by being close to our consumers and talking to our networks in the different scenes
- Involve the local team in idea generation for the field and capitalise on their personal university lifestyle to identify technology/digitally/socially driven consumer trends early
- Create new and innovative ideas that bring the brand to life, tapping into local networks, scenes and opinion-leaders, and execute these ideas with the right balance between the 4 pillars of the marketing mix, based on the knowledge and ownership of your region and the global and national priorities
- Ensure digital and social media sit at the heart of every field marketing activity. Identify and selectively support cross-marketing opportunities (With Sales, Marketing and Media network).
Organisational Capabilities and Enabling Structure
- Act as a role model and display the Brand values with a consistent tone of voice that is motivating and inspiring
- Source, hire, train and manage FMSs who fit the brand, have the Brand’s attitude and perfectly fit the field scenes
- Coach FMSs in sourcing, hiring and training their Student Marketeers and approve every hiring personally
- Set regional objectives and clear goals for FMSs to ensure accountability to their key deliverables and conduct on-going, mid-year and end of year performance evaluations
- Provide on-going coaching and support to ensure FMSs achieve their deliverables. Regularly assess and identify developmental needs of the FMS working closely with the Head of Field Marketing to help make it happen
- Identify and nurture key talent for the potential space-to-shine opportunity
- Train the regional team (including sales) on necessary brand strategies and relevant execution guidelines
- No regretted losses in the field marketing team and encourage internal promotions.
- Implement and uphold a clean logistical system for warehousing and infrastructure to ensure having the right tools and management in place to support the local needs, succeeding in premium appearance
- Develop and manage the regional budget with the support of the line manager and national specialists
- Constantly identify cost saving opportunities and other efficiencies for the company in the region
- Manage field expenses and general administration
- Build smart and mutually beneficial partnerships by working with other brands, organisations and networks that bring added value such as expertise, networks, goods, budget or facilities
- Outsource local media-related activities to the right regional experts to maximise outcome
- Coordinate with agencies and specialised companies when outsourcing event logistics.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree, 3 years minimum
- Minimum 3 years’ experience across commercial (including main market), sports, events and culture marketing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of line management with expertise in hiring, training, administration and motivating teams
- Experience in working with commercial teams is key– general sales or trade marketing
- Proven background in negotiation and management of budgets
- A ‘connector’ who has excellent communication and networking skills, who can open doors and excite people for an idea
- Strong leadership, planning and project management skills
- A continual understanding of consumer trends and insights (digital trends, University life, moving patterns). Strong understanding of youth culture in sports and culture in the region
- A creative marketer with an in-depth brand understanding with innovation at the heart and who puts new ideas into action quickly
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional teams with different objectives and personalities
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, including presenting and training abilities, and the ability to seamlessly blend in with a diverse audience
- Excellent English language skills both spoken and written
- Able to travel 50% of the time.