We have a wonderful hybrid opportunity for a GAD/BUD to join the account management/client service team at a well-respected boutique agency based in Cape Town’s CBD. We’re looking for a driven Group Account Manager or Business Unit Director who has a good understanding of Digital and previous ad agency experience, including experience working with alcohol brands.
In this role you will act client lead at the agency – guiding the AM and agency team (traffic, creative, media, PR, SM and production) on the scope and requirement of jobs coming into the agency. You also will be asked to managing existing client relationships with the agency, identifying areas to optimise and opportunities for growth.
You will manage two Account Directors working across various brands, including an alcohol brand and internal project work. The role reports into the MD.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate, has TTL experience, an eye for detail and who can hit the ground running. Outside of the normal administrative prowess that’s needed with account management; you’ll need to be empathetic and a self-starter, You are someone who understands brands and can have conversations with brand teams and creatives around what is on or off brand strategy. Lovely opportunity – apply today!
P.S. Parking is provided.
- Accountable for the overall success of the team, including motivating them, and delegating towards personal and career achievement
- Ensuring that personal and team objectives are set against business objectives, and measured accordingly
- Providing guidance and training as necessary, building a commitment to learning
- Dealing with conflict within the team, and with other departments
- Managing capacity in the team relating to portfolio, leave approvals, sick leave, etc.
- Assisting with recruiting team and performance reviews and management of team members
- Share/train client expectations and best practice (ways of working) with the broader team.
Client Relationship Management
- Ensuring clients get the best service from the team, from negotiating agreements through to meetings and reporting
- Ensuring clients stay informed and energized about the work
- Managing client expectation versus agency commitments, including having difficult client discussions if needed, to protect agency reputation
- Managing client and agency performance reviews.
- Managing the AM team for delivery on client campaigns, from planning phase through to implementation
- Keeping projects aligned with overall brand strategy
- Collaborating with traffic to ensure internal and external resources are used efficiently
- Managing the strategic, creative development and production of creative campaigns
- Management of day-to-day account situations / miscellaneous requests from clients.
- Coordinating efforts with media, activation, social media, digital and pr agencies
- Issuing contact reports and/or meeting recaps via e-mail.
- Informing agency of deadlines (air dates, presentation dates, etc.)
- Issuing a status report to the client with all relevant information, deadlines, and costs pertaining to all projects/jobs in the system.
- Leading internal status meetings with the agency to make sure everyone’s on the same page.
- Overall management of the brand team during strategy – including briefing, ideations, presentations, and budgeting, to ensure agency outputs are aligned with brand strategies. Help brand teams make informed decisions regarding the brand
- Managing the team towards providing strategic direction for the client
- Engaging clients regarding brand performance and disseminating this information so that it is useful to rest of the team.
- Complete commercial packs and resourcing on key brands.
- Sign off commercial packs with MD
- Quarterly resourcing vs retainer and SOW updates with client.
- Overall financial management of accounts in both retainers and SOW campaigns
- Forecasting client SOW spend for internal agency
- Ensuring that retainer and fiscal budgets, cost estimates, invoicing and age analysis are completed and processed through the team.
- Issuing and gaining Client approval on project estimates
- Alerting Client of any changes in costs, budget, spending, etc.
- Sending client invoices (when requested a summary statement)
- Managing client’s advertising budget.
Competitive / Industry Tracking
- Your role is also to be an expert on new happenings related to advertising within your Client’s categories
- Keep abreast of evolving advertising trends, and how they may affect your work based social media).
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant qualification
- 8 years client service experience
- Previous advertising agency experience – non-negotiable
- Previous experience working on an alcohol brand
- Understanding of Digital
- Ability to grasp strategy
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and eager to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Positive attitude
- Problem solver
- Ability to build strong and enduring client relationships
- Persuasive and good negotiator
- Effective team management capabilities
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Strong financial acumen
- Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to understand creative work
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong project driver and management.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.