A future-focussed, global Education company in Cape Town has a terrific job opportunity for an innovative mid-senior Growth Marketing Manager. The incoming Growth Marketing Manager will lead a new customer acquisition strategy and team. We are looking for a sharp, quantitative, and results-oriented leader who will hire, manage, and mentor a large cross-functional team to drive new customer acquisition. The right candidate has a wealth of experience deploying campaigns across multiple channels, experimenting with channel mix, customer journey design, and balancing performance and brand campaigns.
This high-visibility and high-impact position is reporting to SVP, Marketing. It’s a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving, well-funded South African company with an international market, and make an impact on the lives of thousands of people each year through experiential education. You will work alongside the Creative Director and Sales Manager as they grow the Marketing team over the coming months.
The role itself, also offers a lot of flexibility (with a hybrid working model) and as such you will be able to help define what the company operations infrastructure will look like going forward. Apply today.
- Owning the company’s acquisition strategy by developing plans to generate short-term new customer acquisition and build a foundation for long-term growth
- Build a differentiated lead generation and brand building strategy, leveraging cutting edge paid and owned digital channels and scaling alternative offline and online channels (influencers, podcasts, content syndication, SEO, job boards, OOH, direct mail, etc.)
- Build a lead nurturing system, in partnership with the Sales team
- Spec out and hire new resources (in-house and outsourced) to meet their evolving needs
- Manage our online reputation, and drive strategies to improve this.
- Partner closely with other teams to inform budget planning against business forecast goals and identify additional opportunities for growth across the business.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant Degree
- You have 4-7 years of growth marketing experience, preferably with at least 2-3 years’ experience working with international markets. You showed continuous career progression with increased levels of responsibilities
- You have 3+ years of leading high-performing cross-functional teams
- You have experience building direct response acquisition and nurturing campaigns that seek to build relationships with prospects and use value to convert them
- You have achieved impressive growth results in previous roles and are able to build acquisition teams from scratch
- You have strong analytical skills across core business metrics. You are well versed in basic financial forecast approaches and LTV/CAC modelling
- You understand and work with marketing technology and can give technical teams strategic direction on attribution, analytics, and automation projects
- You have natural intuition around growth creatives, and are able to use market research, customer insights, and data to build scalable advertising engines to drive growth
- You have intermediate copywriting and design experience that can aid in your ability to quickly create high-impact campaigns across channels, when needed
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and you’ll help create our company’s culture.