Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Calling all Brand buffs! It’s your lucky day because we have an exhilarating opportunity for a senior “hot shot” Head of Brand at a well-loved, iconic South African hospitality/restaurant chain Group’s Cape Town HQ.
In this terrifically exciting role as Head of Brand, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the Brand portfolio through breakthrough creative while building a world class brand team. You will be required to set strategic direction for sustainable purpose led growth. The Head of Brand is also responsible for ensuring the design and execution of strategy and innovation. You will be in charge of building Brand power that drives short and long-term business results.
If you are a ‘hands on’ leader who is a passionate and purpose-driven marketer, excited about growing great brands, this is for you. Don’t miss out!
- Marketing experience within the FMCG/Restaurant/Franchise or retail environment
- Strategy Development, Plan, and implementation – Brand and Marketing
- In depth understanding of Finance, budgets, forecasts related to marketing plans and campaigns
- Clear understanding of fiscal discipline (Budget, Finance, Operations etc)
- Project team management
- Agency engagement and media buying methodologies or practices
- Experience working within an executive space
- Brand Campaign development, implementation, and management
- Dealing with Service providers that ensure brand alignment
- Planning and execution of communication and media actions on all channels including above the line
- Leading and Managing a team
- Presenting concepts, strategies, and ideas
- Managing innovation processes
- Judging and optimising creative
- Consumer behaviour trends and insights in the Food and Beverage industry
- Understanding Digital marketing and Social Media – Fundamentals
- Market automation
- Personalised data communication – Market data and trend analyses & customer insights
- Stakeholder management – Media and digital agencies, providers of services, consultants etc.
- Understanding CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google AdWords, HubSpot, WebTrends etc..
The successful candidate must have/be:
- BComm Marketing or similar 3-year Degree or higher
- PG Dip Marketing (advantageous)
- 10-15 years’ experience (minimum 10 years)
- Business and financial acumen
- Judging and optimising creative
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and modern marketing platforms)
- Agility to adapt, learn and execute new technologies
- Negotiating and influencing skills at an executive level
- Time management and the ability to manage a variety of teams simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and Stakeholder Relationship Management skills
- Analytical and problem solving
- Evidence based decision making: Deciding and initiating action
- Strategic, innovative, and organisational thinking: formulating strategies and concepts
- Skilled at directing, leading, supervising and managing teams
- Budget management and forecasting skills
- Project and programme management
- Great at working with people
- Persuading and Influencing skills
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Curiosity, creating unique solutions and applying an entrepreneurial mindset and ensuring commercial feasibility
- The ability to work with and resolve conflict
- A team player, able to closely collaborate and manage interdependence
- Change leadership mindset
- An inclusive leader.