We have an exciting employment opportunity for a mid-weight Integrated Media Channel Strategist at a cutting-edge Agency (start-up) in Cape Town. The job is an integrated media strategist role with an emphasis on Digital. The successful candidate must also be well-versed in traditional ATL disciplines like TV, Radio, Print, and OOH. It is vital that you are highly proficient in the technical tools that Media Strategists need (see requirements below). This role is ideal for a prepared and collaborative Strategist. You will work closely with the client to develop channel strategies and campaigns that are both relevant to the Marketing and Communication objectives and which can also be accommodated within the defined budget. You will be fully proficient in media trends and opportunities that may enhance the brands channel strategies. It is your responsibility to cultivate and maintain relationships with media owners to ensure collaboration in order to develop proactive and innovative ideas or platforms that can be included into the channel strategy. This is a fabulous opportunity for a passionate, innovative and analytically minded individual. Apply today!
- Formulate Digital Media Strategies/Schedules which include Digital, Social and Broadcast
- Ensure that Digital Media is implemented correctly as per client brief and signed off strategies
- Will be main point of contact with Client from a Digital/Channel Media Strategy perspective
- Attend meetings, presentations and post campaign sessions
- Understanding the application & implication of industry and client research & tools in the development of the communication/channel strategy
- Maintaining contacts with media owners ensuring statistics, circulation and viewing figures are current
- Analyse & interpret data; simplifying & generating strong coherent insights from a range of sources & techniques
- Identifying target audiences (primary and secondary), analysing their characteristics, behaviour, purchasing and media habits to determine how best to communicate to that audience
- Create, develop and present inspiring and effective channel strategies/proposals that respond to client’s marketing & communication objectives/briefs that will give the brand a competitive edge in the marketplace
- Attending brain storming sessions within the agency and with the creative team that will contribute to the development and execution of new or creative ideas to be included in communication and channel strategies.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Post-matric diploma, degree or qualification in Marketing, Communications or Media
- Must ideally have Media agency experience
- A strong, genuine interest in and enthusiasm for brands, Advertising and Media; a good understanding of what motivates people to buy a product or service and the role media channels play in this
- Knowledge and understanding of client’s business, market & media dynamics (fully proficient in local and international media trends), products, consumers and consumers’ media habits
- Technical knowledge: media maths, definitions, concepts, budget setting etc.
- Relevant media software packages in order to develop plans
- Understanding of research and its applications: AMPS, TGI, Adex, ABC’s, SA data resources & all other media analysis available
- A firm understanding of Google/ Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube from a setting up of campaigns, implementation and optimisation perspective although won’t be responsible for implementation
- Globally aware of any new trends within the Digital Space
- Able to work with large volumes of campaigns at any given time
- Inquiring mind with strategic creative thinking ability and transformation thereof into workable solutions
- Strong awareness and flair for business and commerce
- Accountable, responsible, reliable, flexible, proactive, productive and shows initiative – understands the impact on the business of not delivering to agreed commitments and strives to deliver the highest quality at all times even when under pressure
- Demonstrates the ability to think laterally, logically and analytically – able to analyse and interpret data into meaningful consumer and media insights – good problem-solving skill
- Ability to assimilate information, demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity making decisions quickly – also able to recognise good opportunities
- Demonstrates a high degree of numeracy and computer literacy (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) in order to monitor and manipulate data to deliver the best outcomes for the business.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills – confidence in negotiating – persuasive and diplomatic
- Experienced presenter – clear, logical, concise written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work alongside a range of people and as part of a team and also must be a self-starter and able to work alone
- Ability to establish rapport with brand team, clients, media representatives/agents
- High-level client and brand agency liaison skills including the ability to demonstrate and argue successfully for the “buy-in” of proposed strategies
- Effective stress and conflict management skills.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.