We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Conceptual Graphic Designer & Marketer to work in-house at a thriving microfinance business based in Stellenbosch. The business is fast-growing with a footprint in Zambia, South Africa, Uganda, and Kenya.
If you are keen to work on the client side and help to bring to life the magic of this super brand across Africa, this is a dream opportunity. This role is ideal for someone who is eager to shift their career in a new direction and enhance their marketing skills. As the conceptual Designer and Marketer, you will help create and drive marketing campaigns and materials for a variety of channels in diverse markets. If you are new to the marketing side of things, not a problem, the company will train you up.
The business is both well-established and a startup, so you’ll experience the thrill of being part of a growth journey and the security that comes with solid backing. If you have a head for figures, can think out of the box, and love the idea of combining your passion for design with your interest in upskilling your marketing experience, this is the role for you! Apply today.
- Create visually appealing and effective marketing materials for physical and digital channels.
- Help keep the company’s in-store branches look-and-feel fresh with creative design ideas.
- Ensure all design materials align with brand guidelines and messaging.
- Collaborate with the support office and in-country marketing teams to develop concepts and ideas for various marketing campaigns.
- Modify and update existing design materials as needed.
- Plan content calendars and create content for the social media platforms, websites and emailers.
- Assist with the timeous execution of marketing collateral, campaigns, promotions, and initiatives.
- Support budget tracking and the management of digital marketing channels, such as social media, email marketing, and Google advertising.
- Monitor and report on the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Provide general administrative support to the marketing team as needed.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working at an advertising or in-house agency.
- Proven experience in Graphic Design, with a strong portfolio that showcases your creativity.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles and strategies.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A creative, curious mind that’s able to come up with alternative ideas.
- Excellent organisational skills with a sharp eye for detail.
- An adventurous spirit.
- A good sense of humour.
- Keen to train up.
- Experience with Google Ads – will be a bonus.
- Photography or video editing skills – a bonus.
Please submit a PDF/link to a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.