A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a dynamic junior PR Account Director at a leading international PR Group’s Cape Town office. We are looking for someone with solid Corporate or Financial experience. The ideal candidate boasts strong client service management experience along with great writing skills in which they are very confident, as writing is key to this role. In this exciting role as junior Account Director, you are on top of everything happening in your portfolio of clients – you know what needs to happen when and ensure it gets done. You identify any potential issues early on and display problem-solving skills to rectify any issues. You are the primary point of contact for clients, and they trust you. With the help of your team, you ensure reporting is slick and accurate. You own the editorial plans for clients and are involved in strategy development with your Senior Account Director. You ensure monthly billing is done effectively and work with your team to ensure profitability for your stream. Apply today!
- Client relations: Demonstrate excellent client relationships and ability to manage their expectations.
- Client meetings: Drive participation in client meetings, managing meeting protocols, agendas, etc.
- Understanding: Perfect a detailed, thorough and informed understanding of your clients’ businesses and knowledge of their competitors, for effective idea generation. Demonstrate value to your clients by keeping them abreast of competitor news.
- Reviews: Overall responsibility for planning, compiling and editing of client review documents/presentations/ reports, and participate in client review meetings with your team.
- Billing: Accurately review billing arrangements for clients and ensure monthly billing is done timeously.
- Budgeting: Work with your AD/SAD to ensure your stream is profitable.
- Timesheets: Demonstrate effective time recording and reporting (daily, accurate data logged on Chase, as per Group deadlines).
- Coverage: Ensure daily coverage tracking, regular reports and timeous client coverage updates are executed.
- Reporting: Ensure quality, timeous monthly reports are delivered, and drive new reporting ideas and processes wherever improvements can be made.
- Profile: Actively look to maintain and build positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify opportunities for new business and organic growth of existing business and business retention.
- Display an ability to draft excellent proposals and pitch presentation skills, in conjunction with your AD/SAD.
- Assist your AD/SAD with key staffing decisions.
- Demonstrate an ability to act as a role model and mentor for junior staff and be seen as an ambassador for the company.
- Conduct appraisals for junior staff.
- Contribute to, and participate in, personal development activities for junior staff (i.e. coaching, workshop development, etc.).
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- PR agency experience
- Managed a team
- Financial/Corporate experience
- Strong client service management experience
- Account management experience
- Able to delegate
- Project management skills
- Able to sell ideas
- Strategy skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Media relations experience
- Pitching skills
- Research skills
- Up to date with industry news
- Proactive upskilling
- Proactive learning
- Time management.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.