Got that finger of yours on the pulse? Great, because the person we’re looking for knows has their ear to the ground and is fluent in the “word on the street.” We have a terrific opportunity for a mid-weight Regional On-Premise Manager at an edgy global FMCG beverage brand’s Umhlanga office and servicing the KZN region.
The role’s overall responsibility is the breaking down and implementation of the national business plan in the KZN region (up to Zululand and down to Wild Coast and inland to Midlands). Additionally, you will serve as the leader to a team of five.
As Regional On-Premise Manager, you are essentially the face of the brand in the market, and, along with your team, are tasked with optimising sales, as well as ensuring brand presence, and awareness throughout the On-Premise channel.
The ideal candidate for this dynamic role is someone who can live and breathe the brand’s well-developed culture and relate to its entire consumer market. Beverage experience is not a necessity, some sales experience and the ability to relate to that market is key.
The role requires after hours work and as such we’re looking for a vibrant candidate with a flexible, unencumbered lifestyle – if it’s you, apply today!
Consultant: Kim Steven – email@example.com
Living the Brand
- Be the credible voice of On Premise, ensuring appropriate communication flow and knowledge transfer within the regional and national teams, as well as securing and optimising teamwork with all related business units.
- Bring the brand’s premium values to life as a role model for the entire team and the On-Premise network, while constantly monitoring image standards within the team.
- Leverage your unique personality to showcase this premium brand and build effective relationships with strategically important customers and industry contacts.
Leading the Team
- Build and maintain a strong and highly effective team, leading and coaching all direct reports in a motivational way to boost productivity and engagement.
- Take ownership of the regional training plan, ensuring customized training and coaching at a benchmark level to facilitate the continuous development of the team, keeping them at the cutting edge.
- Continuously evaluate the skill level of the On-Premise team and adjust plans to meet targets, dedicating sufficient field time to assess progress and ensure ongoing development within the team through proper succession preparation.
- Take full responsibility for the development and implementation of the regional On-Premise business plan, tailored to meet ambitious company goals, and continuously evaluate execution by spending time in the field and setting up appropriate KPIs.
- Establish a comprehensive route planning system to ensure excellence in coverage and execution, while managing the team to drive both horizontal and vertical growth.
- Become intimately familiar with your market dynamics, dedicating ample time in the field to secure and optimise existing execution, as well as to identify new opportunities to win over for the brand.
- Collaborate with the On-Premise Marketing Manager to find and develop marketing strategies and concepts that leverage the brand and increase product consumption in the ever-changing On-Premise environment.
- Additionally, ensure availability, premium On Premise activation, and High 5 excellence at third-party and Brand events.
- Plan and continuously develop the geographical area and team structure including human resource evaluation and allocation.
- Manage and optimise available team resources, such as budget and POS material effectively.
- Carry out ongoing analysis of market research, KPI, and reporting tool database with an insight into action mentality.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 5 years of sales experience with a strong track record of success
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience (experience in the FMCG business is a plus)
- A solid understanding of the On-Premise industry and either established contacts in the night scene or gastronomy or the ability to build such relationships swiftly
- Open, extroverted, and unafraid to approach people, inspiring others with your genuine nature and contagious ‘can-do’ attitude. Your ability to think and act like an entrepreneur is essential. Additionally, you should possess strategic and innovative commercial awareness, including a strong grasp of sales processes and financial systems
- Strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational abilities are a must, along with highly developed analytical skills to translate data and insights from market research, sales analyses, and forecasts into effective sales activation and compelling brand-marketing activities in response to changes in the On-Premise environment
- Being a social chameleon is valuable, as it’s essential to understand different groups of people, and adapt your communication, presentation, and professional appearance according to the audience and scene
- You should also have a clear understanding of markets, sales and distribution, consumer behaviour, and competitor activity in the FMCG context
- Solid presentation and communication skills, including selling, negotiating, training, coaching, and active listening, are crucial
- You should be self-motivated, capable of working independently in a high-energy, fast-paced, field-based environment, and willing to work very flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Clear understanding of markets, sales and distribution, consumer behaviour and competitor activity in FMCG context
- Lastly, you should prioritise values such as professionalism, responsibility, and passion, and be proficient in IOS and MS Office
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to translate data and insights from market research, sales analyses and forecasts into effective sales activation as well as compelling brand-marketing activities in response to changes in the On-Premise environment
- Able to travel once a month.
Consultant: Kim Steven – firstname.lastname@example.org
Previously disadvantaged candidates may be given preference.