Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting, remote job opportunity for a mid-senior Leads Acquisition Specialist to join the dynamic team at a global tobacco company with its head office in Cape Town. As an Acquisition Leads specialist, you will be responsible for the paid and organic digital lead supervision within the acquisition customer journey to enable growth in a fast-paced regulatory environment. The purpose of the role is to identify and work with paid media channels (directly and indirectly) to ensure conversion of digital leads specifically for Digital traffic to Lead conversion and Lead to Sales conversion. With traffic to lead and subsequently lead to sale conversion as the overall target, the Acquisition Leads specialist will continuously optimise each channel, with the overall ambition to drive growth hacking initiatives. You will apply trial and error, learn, and adjust the approach, and understand what works the best for each channel and product to reach the right target groups and drive conversions.
The company is taking a revolutionary step by totally transforming their business and building their future on delivering a smoke-free future. And with huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The company’s Digital offering is dynamic, diverse, and disruptive. The smoke-free revolution means they’re rebuilding everything from the ground up. You’ll feel like you’re working in a start-up – with the freedom to shape and define the future of digital, but with the support and scope of a vast global business. It’s challenging, fast-paced and highly collaborative – if you want the freedom to find new ways to connect with consumers, there’s no better place to progress your career.
Although this is a remote position and you can be from anywhere in the country, you will be expected to travel to the Cape Town office for team meetings once or twice a month.
- Lead tactical initiatives to seek out and own new paid marketing lead generation activities in the digital space
- Plan, implement and reflect on strategic decisions for the digital space
- Run the day-to-day maintenance of Social Media lead generation marketing channels
- Understanding channels such as Media publications (News24, IOL Other), +18 Mobile Apps, Google AdWords, etc. & is highly helpful
- Building and optimising conversion funnels using Click Funnels, Leads Hook, and related platforms would be a bonus
- Analyse and optimise channels to drive target critical metrics based on Quality, Cost & Volume
- Analyse customer behaviour across channels
- Continuous optimisation, measuring, tracking, analysis and reporting
- Keep up to date with the latest digital marketing developments to stay a leader in the field
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing team to deliver a high-performance digital strategy to achieve the high growth targets
- Apply strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and the internal team in a fast-paced environment
- Creating high-quality leads and ensuring that leads are followed up on promptly
- Retarget existing customers by collaborating with media partners such as Media24
- Constantly check if site visitors are converting into buying customers in collaboration with Reporting and Analytics, the Call Centre, and Digital
The successful candidate must have/be:
- An industry relevant Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Digital Traffic and Leads Management
- Consistent track record as a solid hands-on practitioner proven through a diverse body of work across a range of digital lead clients and agencies
- Experience mentoring internal and external designers and other members of a cross-functional team with regards to how the channel receives business content
- A steadfast focus on attention to detail and consistency
- An ability to take ownership and work in an autonomous manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment
- Proactive attitude, natural curiosity, and willingness to roll up sleeves to achieve goals and deliver great experiences for customers
- Demonstrated experience of thinking creatively, taking the initiative, and constructively advocating on behalf of clients and/or customers
- Experience with partner briefing and articulation of strategy and budgets
- Technical abilities such as driving performance optimisation and website conversions are required
- An understanding of website conversions (Technical conversations)
- Experience in taking potential customers on a digital journey and converting them into paying clients by working collaboratively with the call centre to ensure that leads are returned as soon as possible
- Understanding of the nuances and intricacies of digital marketing, generate a high volume of leads, and drive conversions (due to the highly regulated nature of the tobacco industry)
- An e-Commerce background and the ability to find creative ways to drive performance within the Tobacco legal constraints, even though this is not an e-Commerce role
- Able to assess what is working and connect all the insights that are driving successful campaigns with agencies
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with large budgets
- Able to form strong relationships with both internal and external partners. Among these partners are Digital Media, such as Media24, Internal Content Partners, and IT Partners, etc.
- Grit, resilience, and tenacity
- Able to be assertive with stakeholders and partners
- Inquisitive, not afraid to ask questions, think beyond the apparent instructions, and constantly seek out more effective ways of working
- Exceptional negotiating abilities
- Corporate experience/agency experience with a strong technical background and an understanding of internal structures
- Current or previous experience as a Performance Marketing Manager – ideal.