Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Are you a senior Marketing Communications Manager with previous financial services and writing experience? We have a terrific job opportunity for a dynamic individual with these non-negotiable skill sets at a leading financial services company’s Johannesburg office. This exciting senior management role is very hands on, and the Marketing Communications Manager will be expected to write content. This position oversees two staff members and reports to the Head of Marketing. We’re looking for someone with experience compiling a quality Marketing Communications Strategy. The ideal candidate must come from a Marketing background and have handled internal communications within a Marketing department. If your experience meets these criteria, we’d love to see your relevant writing portfolio. Apply today!
- Strategic divisional marketing insights on executive, management, and operations committees
- Drafting, editing, proof reading and general oversight of all internal as well as client-facing comms
- Editor of flagship the company’s publication
- Relationship management with sales team and their requirements
- Overall project management and marketing stakeholder in key business and project deliverables e.g. tax year end, public facing website and transactional site enhancements etc.
- Input into events calendar and related activities
- Input into brand management activities including advertising and corporate identity compliance
- Ensuring all web content is up to date and refined regularly.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree in Marketing
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience within the financial industry – non-negotiable
- Writing experience – non-negotiable
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Computer literacy: MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bulk communications systems e.g. Everlytic or SendGrid
- Project management skills
- Solid writing skills – Plain language or writing/communications or editorial
- Analytical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Able to build relationships and network
- Communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Writing portfolio – essential
- Practical and pragmatic.
Please submit a relevant writing portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.