Heads up Media Buyers, this one’s for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight traditional Media Buyer at a superb ad agency located in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town. This is an office-based role. The Media Buyer will be responsible for the effective media buying of a portfolio of accounts encompassing buying, negotiating, administration and budget control as well as evaluation and monitoring of activity which has been booked. Ideally, this “media specialist” will have a sound understanding of the traditional media landscape, its intricacies as well as the unique attributes of every step within the media marketing channel. Is it you? Get in touch!
- Negotiating the best deals possible with the various TV Channels
- Ensuring that rates are correct and loaded onto the billing system accordingly
- Ensuring there are no account queries and investigating and sorting them when they occur
- Negotiate compensation for incorrect Media placement/bookings
- Issue material chase list for all Media to Production, Traffic, Client Service etc.
- Being accountable for all financial queries
- Liaising with media owners and providing relevant documentation i.e., CI’s (Copy instructions)
- Evaluating booked media and providing post campaign information
- Budget control – monthly budget reconciliations
- Develop a strong understanding of the clients’ brands and business.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry qualification
- A solid understanding of the billing process – from inception to client billing – essential
- A strong knowledge basic computer programs i.e., Excel
- Effectively able to monitor post campaign data
- Experience working on Retail business
- Initiative and integrity and always striving to negotiate the best possible deal – essential
- Strong administrative skills – essential
- An understanding of the whole agency process and where media and media buying fit into the overall picture
- An understanding that they are accountable for a large sum of money and are able to take responsibility.