Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We are on the search for an experienced mid-senior Brand Designer for a fabulous integrated agency who have a creative opportunity at either their Johannesburg or Gqeberha (PE) office. The ideal candidate is highly skilled in Brand Design and campaign development. The role requires someone who has a thorough understanding of how to create visual identities and bring brands to life. If you are a talented designer who pays careful attention to crafting well thought out design and typography, then we want to hear from you. Apply today!
- Creating innovative brand identity solutions as well as brand design within campaign development
- Proactively recommend creative solutions to brand challenges
- Keeping informed on the latest trends and forecasts in the branding environment
- Design of marketing communication pieces e.g. overall theme development, individual brand projects etc.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, and visually engaging
- Communicate and facilitate the art direction and formatting of design deliverables and produce necessary communications pieces in both print and digital environments for a wide range of clients
- Assist to ensure all marketing communications across various channels and departments remain consistent and align with strategic marketing goals and brand guidelines
- Collaborate internally and/or with the Project Lead as well as with clients to conceptualise and execute creative solutions for their brands
- Guide and advise fellow employees in both the creative process and client management to foster stronger working relationships and solutions (junior designer, interns, etc.)
- Assist in supervising junior team, interns, overseeing and coaching on the creative process
- Assist in the planning and creative process of pitch processes
- Pre- and post-production quality checks
- Submit creative deliverables within the agreed-upon deadline and budget.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree, Diploma/Equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of brand design experience, design studio or advertising agency
- Strong conceptual skills
- Accurate and efficient problem definition
- Ability to present concepts and designs to stakeholders in a clear, concise manner and manage project feedback and flow
- High-level sense of design layout and typography with the ability to offer a variety of design solutions
- Strong creative, organisational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Able to work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for multiple clients – a must
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific position unsuccessful.