We have a very exciting job opportunity for a mid-senior Exhibition & Pop-up Stand Designer at a very creative, fast-growing business in Cape Town. The role calls for a Designer with relevant experience conceptualising and creating bespoke 3D built format designs. The focus is primarily Alcohol and Tobacco industries. The Exhibition & Pop-Up Stand Designer is required to work on pop-up installations in built format, pre-built modular formats, and built formats that are locked into display on-site or at Events. The ideal candidate is highly knowledgeable about construction around the design of 3D installations. You should be comfortable working with outside suppliers on high-end interior finishes to complete the look of the temporary installation. The role would suit a self-motivated Exhibition & Pop-up Stand Designer able to work autonomously and run their own projects. This is a unique and exciting role. Your portfolio showcasing your sought-after and relevant experience in the exhibition stand and 3D installation design space will get you an interview. The exhibition space should be your playground! We would love to hear from you!
- Draughting and rendering for exhibition design,
- Event installation design
- Toolkit and installation design which are brand-based and will also include construction.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Good critical thinking skills and awareness of business practice
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Exhibition Stand Design
- Excellent Design, Draughting and Rendering skills
- Software literate
- AutoCAD 3D – vital!
- Word, Excel etc. – advantageous
- Basic Photoshop/Illustrator – a must have
- 3D Visualisation – Specific software not required, but renderings MUST be incredible
- Adept in Construction Design too
- Deadline driven; fast executor – able to work with fast turnaround times
- Graphic Design knowledge – someone who understands signage and print, and how it relates to the built format/designed space
- Knowledge of production
- Creative thinker
- Design and Detailing
- Critical thinker
- On trend thinker with contemporary/popular reference when it comes to taste levels.
On application please forward your CV with link to portfolio (or a PDF). The portfolio must include own, executed work.
Should you not receive a response within a reasonable time frame please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
Please note: Only South African citizens or South African work permit holders will be considered.