Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A fantastic opportunity for a mid-senior Through-the-Line Copywriter has opened up at a renowned international agency in Cape Town. We are looking for a talented and motivated Copywriter to join a dynamic creative team that does integrated work on the some fabulous FMCG clients and more. In this exciting role you will be responsible for creating clear yet engaging and informative Copy/Content that captures audiences. You must have a proven track record of outstanding thinking and craft across traditional and digital media channels. We want to be excited by your ‘nothing is impossible’ spirit – a ‘can-do’ attitude that drives proactivity and makes great ideas happen.
Note: While this role is Cape Town based, a remote working arrangement will be considered.
Include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute outstanding work across ATL/BTL
- Understand the client’s strategy and business context, and always aim to do work that performs
- Work closely with the creative team (i.e. Art Director) to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client’s brief
- Produce the “words” of sketches, storyboards, roughs or ‘scamps’ to communicate ideas to the client
- Work closely and in co-operation with strategic planning and client service department under the direction of the Creative Director
- Present concepts and ideas to the Creative Director (and Account Management) and to client when requested
- Build a strongly collaborative relationship with the broader team, partners, and clients
- Timeous execution of work as scheduled by the traffic manager to ensure deadlines are met
- Check all the content to ensure it retains the highest standard
- Able to work on several campaigns at once
- Cast actors for TV and Radio and listen to voice overs
- Contribute to proactivity and innovative thinking on brands
- Assist with pitches, awards and new business presentations as required
- Keep abreast of consumer conversations that are trending
- Keep abreast with industry trends and standards in order to ensure work is always fresh, world-class and original.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A tertiary qualification in Copywriting or Advertising
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Copywriter with 1 year being a mid-weight Copywriter in an Advertising Agency
- Proficient in MS Office (Word / PowerPoint etc.)
- Proficient in using Apple products (i.e. Macs)
- TTL & Digital experience are essential
- A good command of the English language (both verbal and written) – Afrikaans and isiXhosa will be advantageous
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong multitasking skills (ability to work on more than one campaign at a time)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong in-depth knowledge and experience in developing and building brands
- A concise eye-catching portfolio (Behance/Wix) that demonstrates finely honed copy for radio, TVC, print, digital etc.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Ability to remain calm in a highly pressurised environment
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and learn from it
- “Out of the box” creative thinking
- Solution and deadline driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work overtime (if and when required)
- Comfortable to work on alcohol brands (if and when required)
- Comfortable to work on-site (if and when required).
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.