Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Raise a glass to this fabulous opportunity for a Mid-Weight Brand Manager to join the Marketing team at a leading alcohol brands company in Cape Town. The role will see you working on an exciting portfolio of premium alcohol brands. We are looking for a dedicated candidate to assist the Portfolio Manager in driving volume and value growth across the company’s portfolio. Alcohol brand experience is highly advantageous.
Consultant: Kim Steven – email@example.com
- Ensures Brand volume and value growth in line with the Portfolio Plan
- Develop brand strategies that are aligned to the brand role in the portfolio and the context of the current environment & trends
- On time and in full execution of brand activity plans
- Develop and influence consumer-centric brand bibles that increase differentiation between brands, delivers against the brand role in the portfolio and maximises business growth
- Understands key customers per channel, their needs and marketing platforms and applies this to operational planning
- Full understanding of competitor activity in market, and the ability to recommend according shifts in activity plans to deliver against short- and long-term ambitions
- Manage relationships with creative partners at a project level in a manner that ensures successful & sustained partnerships
- Develop cross-functional relationships across the business to ensure key stakeholders are aligned behind Brand activity plans
- Management of brand budgets.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Marketing Related Degree/Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG/Retail/Liquor environment
- Proven capability in designing and implementing brand communication and activations, with measurable results aligned to brand objectives”
- Excellent organisation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strategic, creative, innovative thinker with strong operational capabilities
- Strong analytical capability, attention to detail and numeracy
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good problem-solving ability
- Comfortable in negotiating needs of brand relative to those of customers, consumers, media, and events partners
- Results orientated
- Persuasiveness and tenacity to sell ideas
- Understanding of the retail environment and route to consumer Pathways
- Excellent interpersonal skills, assertive and able to use initiative.