Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting, 100% remote, job opportunity for a conceptually creative, mid-weight Copywriter to join the team at a Cape Town based NPO doing vital work in the online social space. In the role of Copywriter you will be called upon to write and edit copy for a range of projects (editorial, web, mobile, video, and social media). You will work closely with the content creation team to brainstorm impactful ideas, create engaging concepts, and develop consistent messaging from the insights provided by the research team. You will also support the organisation’s branding team to plan and create messaging for marketing material and public relations. The role calls for a true Digital Native and as such extensive digital experience from an ad or digital agency is a must. You will not be required to write long copy. If you are passionate about counteracting the detrimental effects of mis- and disinformation, fake news, and divisive and polarising rhetoric that is disseminated online to undermine social cohesion and want to use your writing skills to make a real difference, this job is a dream come true. Apply today!
- Drafting creative copy for digital platforms
- Website Brand Content
- Emails and newsletters
- Social Media Campaign Content
- Google Adverts
- Video Scripts
- Marketing material
- Working with the Content team to develop strategic concepts
- Write highly compelling and engaging content
- Able to work cross-functionally to ensure accurate content, consistency, and quality in copy collateral across all digital platforms
- Assisting in implementing processes as needed, to optimise copy development.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- A proven track record of writing and converting long format copy/research for marketing purposes
- Experience with SEO, Social Media and Email Marketing will be beneficial
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Creatively minded
- Ability to actively bring new ideas and innovations to the table
- Experience in the non-profit sector, community work and social justice – advantageous
- Very conceptual. Big idea thinking.
- Above-the-Line Brand communication experience
- Internal communications experience
- Editorial copy experience
- Retail copy experience
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Experience with and comfortable in remote work
- Proficiency in more than one South African language is an advantage
- Adaptable to change
- Driven to achieve results
- Strong decision making, action planning, and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work on a team while demonstrating the organisation’s values which include collaboration, integrity and transparency
- Commitment to providing the highest level of support and quality
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.