Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an absolutely terrific job opportunity for a mid-weight Digital/Social Media Designer a renowned advertising agency in Johannesburg. We are looking for an out of the box thinker who can apply themselves conceptually within the dynamic world of Social and Digital media. The successful applicant should feel confident executing and crafting across different Social platforms and have an inherent understanding of how to translate creative ideas into these visual spaces. The role will entail coming up with creative solutions to client problems both alone, and as a team. You’ll need experience with fast rollout turnaround times working with a social media team. You’ll be working on a Retail account so enjoying Retail design (or being open to it) is essential. If you’re a social super star we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Recognised Tertiary Diploma/Degree in Visual communication or Multimedia Design
- At least 3 years Graphic Design experience in a Digital agency
- Retail experience – hugely advantageous
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Fast rollout turnaround experience is required
- Experience working in a Social Media team
- Relevant work experience and a portfolio of work
- Highly proficient on all Social Media platforms
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- A working knowledge of the rest of Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Able to work under direction and within the constraints of a brand’s guidelines
- Exceptional design skills and attention to details
- Experience translating designs into HTML and CSS
- UX design skill is an advantage
- Able to manage their time and work to a deadline
- A strong team player
- Comfortable working in a vibrant environment
- Highly creative and able to produce exceptional ideas and high-quality work
- Highly conceptual
- Proactive, a problem-solver and design-maker
Please submit a relevant portfolio (as a link/PDF) along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.