We have a glittering opportunity in the City of Gold (Johannesburg) for a confident Mid-weight Project Manager at a Below-the-Line Experiential Events & Brand Activation agency.
In this fabulous role as Project Manager, you will be required to effectively manage Events and Brand Activation activity by ensuring that each project has been set up correctly and completely. You will ensure this by preparing all departments including Design, Operations, Warehousing, Finance, and the Project Coordinators in each region to assist with implementation.
The Project Manager works at a supervisory level throughout each project and observes to find ways to improve the service offering to Clients.
If the Jozi skyline delights you and your organisational and people management skills are on point, we’d love to chat. Apply today!
- Manage a team working together on a client account to implement project activity
- Manage client’s expectations, budgets, and briefs
- Ensure that the Agency’s actions are in line with agreements, procedures, and budgets, and reflect a unified and agreed point of view
- Present project concept and implementation plans to client and keep client status sheets up to date
- Ensure that Client’s accounts are up to date by working with the finance department so that payment is affected timeously
- Write contact reports and forward these to the Client within 48 hours after every meeting
- Internal Briefing – Write creative briefs, timing plans, production schedules, status reports and event/activation briefs and use these to brief regions and departments accordingly
- Work with suppliers to ascertain timing plans, pursue estimate approval and follow the project through from production to final implementation
- Event/Activation Management from concept through to implementation including onsite event management, logistics planning with operations/warehouse department and overall and supplier coordination
- Organise and coordinate national and regional activity according to the brief; ensuring clear Roles & Responsibilities are defined with relevant parties
- Be directly accountable for quality of implementation and professional outputs.
- Ensure prompt and meaningful evaluation (quantitative & qualitative)
- Continuously provide inputs and ideas into activation development.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant qualification
- The ability to write comprehensive and insightful briefs
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint (Excel skills – a must)
- Confident presentation skills
- Computer literate with MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook skills
- Good interpersonal skills (team player) within the agency and with client interaction
- Good planning ability with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong implementation skills
- Strong communication and written skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Lived or currently living in Johannesburg and must understand the landscape of the city
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Understand the after-hours requirements of this industry. Most events and activations take place outside of business operating hours.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.