Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic job opportunity in Johannesburg, for an experienced mid-weight Copywriter at a highly regarded creative through-the-line agency! This role will see you develop effective and meaningful ideas, content, copy and scripts. You must have previous advertising agency Copywriting experience to qualify for this position. We’re looking for a talented writer who can step in and hit the ground running working on some fab brand and retail accounts.
- Working with the creative leadership and agency teams to understand the client and create award winning creative work
- Using key messages and client understanding to research and develop work for multiple communication channels, including ATL, BTL and digital, as well as any further copy required by the project (including social media content taglines, video end taglines, copy for print and web)
- Working within a team to produce award-winning creative execution
- Producing a variety of high-quality copy solutions, from punchy short-form to persuasive long-form.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in copywriting for advertising or marketing agencies
- Knowledge/understanding of storytelling principles in traditional ATL channels and digital
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence people through creative ideas and written work
- Multi-tasking skills (ability to handle multiple jobs at the same time)
- Relate well to people – good team worker
- Interpersonal skills.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.