Mid-Weight UI/Web Designer: IT - Northern Suburbs, Cape Town
We have a super opportunity for a talented mid-weight UI/Web Designer at a leading tech company’s Cape Town head office based in the northern suburbs. This role will see you joining their Sales & Marketing division where you’ll be responsible for working to briefings and timeously delivering customer-focused front-end designs (including wireframes) for their portal in a fully responsive and “mobile first” style. You’ll be required to implement the brand across all designs. We’re looking for an action-oriented individual. The ideal candidate has some experience in telecoms, internet or tech related industries. Is it you?
- Develop journey wireframes. Updating existing products in line with campaign changes
- Develop journey wireframes and assist in the development of a content portal in which video and imagery can be stored
- Develop journey wireframes and complete the front-end design for existing customer portal to focus on increasing customer self-service
- Keep the portal visually fresh and regularly updated, aligned to marketing campaigns and brand
- Maintaining the internal portal (Intranet)
- Implement internal communication as required which may include HTML based emails, invites or presentations
- Implement marketing driven unique campaign landing page designs as required
- Work closely with the online brand manager, channel manager and portal development team across design, development and implementation to bring to life wireframe journeys
- Maintain promotional online visuals
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Design/visual communication qualification (degree or diploma)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in an active web design role (mid weight level)
- Proven experience with a portfolio link that showcases wireframes, design, attention to detail and creativity within web design
- Strong web design competency
- Demonstrate UI proficiency, including fully responsive landing pages
- UX experience – will be an advantage
- Proficient in Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator) products
- Proficient in CMS system (Craft CMS) – experience advantageous
- HTML mailer design and coding – a significant advantage
- Digital agency/ or in-house digital experience
- Able to deliver journey wireframes that deliver a customer-first experience, with specific focus on mobile
- UI proficiency but also an understanding of UX that will enable journey-led wireframe design that is driven by customer behaviour
- Good with working in a team, including development and marketing team
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently
- Action orientated.
On application, please include CV as well as a link to online portfolio.
The Client is committed to meeting employment equity goals which will be taken into account in their recruitment decisions.
The consultant will get back to you