Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
We have a superb job opportunity for an entry-level junior Multimedia Designer to join the Marketing department at a well-known education institution based in Cape Town. The designer will report to the marketing manager. This position reports to the Marketing Manager. The successful incumbent is required to create engaging multimedia collateral, creating the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive communication products using graphics, data, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects. Projects may include online learning material, interactive infographics, and video creation, animated logos, multimedia pieces for use on websites and presentations. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Multimedia Designer wanting an exciting new job opportunity using your multimedia skills.
- Creating the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive communication products using text, data, graphics, sound, text, animation and other digital and visual effects
- Using imagery, typography, video, sound, and computer-based interactive elements to communicate design messages across various platforms
- Collaborating with Marketing, Online and Public Relations teams to determine appropriate visual, textual, and animated elements of projects.
- Preparing artwork and media for final approval and distribution.
- Creating Marketing content
- Updating HTML mailer templates (Pardot).
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma in Multimedia design or similar
- Creative conceptualisation and brainstorming
- Proficient in industry leading software and technologies (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.), Premier Pro – a plus
- Web based design/development – a plus
- Web skills such HTML, CSS, and programming skills – a plus
- Social Media savvy
- Strong understanding of brand corporate identity
- Graphic design capabilities
- Able to create animation videos for internal/external presentations
- Podcast experience (Advantageous)
- Photography skills for content creation (Advantageous)
- WordPress knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities
- Time management skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- The knowledge and capabilities to translate a concept into reality
- Attention to detail
- Ongoing learning of new software and application
- The ability to think creatively and develop original design concepts, graphics and layouts independently.
Please submit your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.