Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a great opportunity for a dynamic, senior, National On-Trade Key Account Manager at a leading company in the alcohol sector. You will be based in Johannesburg, but it is a National role. In this exciting role you will be responsible for building and maintaining a high performance in On-Trade Group Accounts to effectively achieve business objectives. You will work across a variety of premium alcoholic spirit brands. Don’t miss this fabulous opportunity – apply today!
- Implement effective direct sales strategies to achieve corporate sales objectives in On Trade Group Accounts
- Proactively identify changes in delivery systems, and competitive pressures and update business to adapt strategies and tactics accordingly
- Grow share and volume of all’ products and Principals within designated account linked to sales strategy
- Work hand in hand with Sales Manager to deliver implementation of strategy and activation across On Trade Group Accounts
- Annual Business plan development by group account/ Brand
- Quarterly Sales Plan Review by group account including brand performance in each Group account
- Deliver against set VMAPP execution per group account:
- Merchandising: Achieve & Support Merchandising targets as per quality tier criteria.
- Availability: Achieve Availability targets as per agreed quality tier strategy measured quarterly
- Promotions: Develop integrated campaigns plans for key Group Account outlets ensuring Brand teams & outlets are aligned. To be developed and executed in full and on time. Ensure All National/Regional Group Accounts Promotions/campaigns executed 100%.
- Develop, implement and Review Monthly Sales Activations
- Accurate analysis and reporting of Group Accounts market conditions.
- Effective management of Group Account A and P budgets
- Manage, drive and deliver – market share, sales volume, sales margin, development of new customers.
- Key Accounts and Regional Group outlets agreed and managed on CMD
- Campaign /activity calendars are developed by Account
- Campaign feedback reports are completed and submitted after each campaign i.e. spend, volume, etc.
- Integrate Group Account Trade agreements into Regional Sales execution
- Trade Exchange Agreements negotiated for each Group Accounts.
- Market Share Analysis by group account
- Business Review sessions completed as per outlet frequency visits
- Quarterly review of all Group Account Trade Agreements
- Support ongoing Integration and alignment with Brand team regional sales team of in outlet brand activity/events
- Re-engineer or create new processes and systems to overcome obstacles in meeting ambition.
- Develop competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies in Group Accounts.
- Partner with the Manager – Corporate and Strategic Accounts in the development of key customer relationship management.
- Establish effective relationships, collaborations and communication with other departments (Marketing, Regional Sales teams, General Managers, Finance, etc.) to execute set strategy
- Presents succinct, well-balanced information written and verbally, with clear outcomes that inspire internally and externally.
- Support the integration of Sales and Brand Teams on ongoing brand activities in Group Accounts to ensure activities and events are consistently leveraged on social media platforms.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience (preferably within the Alcoholic Brand Industry)
- Demonstrated ability to professionally implement sales strategy
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Ability to present information both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships both internally and externally.