We have a fantastic, remote working job opportunity for a mid to senior Project Manager/Traffic Manager at a Cape based Non-Profit Organisation (NPO).
The Traffic Manager serves to support the organisation’s management team and will work closely with the Director of Projects and the Project Strategy Lead in coordinating the implementation of all strategic goals and operational deadlines. A key focus of the role includes being tasked with monitoring progress in all projects and supporting the various project teams in delivering specific goals and ensures deadlines are met. The Traffic Manager will prepare and present status updates on job progress of priority areas to the Director of Projects and Project Strategy Lead. The role would best suit an action-oriented, organised individual, with a strategic outlook who is able to take initiative while working remotely, we’d love to chat. Apply today!
- Will support the Director of Projects and Project Strategy Lead in the design, articulation and implementation of the operational and strategic plan
- Responsible for tracking progress across all projects
- Meets regularly with team leads to gauge progress, problem solve and create efficient strategies going forward
- Designs and delivers support interventions for team leads
- Leads the collection and compilation of relevant ‘trajectory’ milestone overviews for all projects
- Writes up relevant reports and feeds into monitoring & evaluation data collection framework
- Leads the translation of the NPO’s strategy into a project monitoring & evaluation framework; monitors the implementation of this framework and reports to the Director at regular intervals with data supporting monitoring & evaluation progress
- Development and regular updating of monitoring & evaluation framework and the NPO
- Is involved with all strategic partnerships that impact on projects and operations
- Leads the implementation of people management goals, providing supervision, guidance, motivation, mentorship and coaching
- Takes the initiative in supporting key staff relationships throughout the organisation where an intervention will accelerate performance
- Responsible for effective implementation of all performance review and on the job coaching objectives.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma in Project or Operations Management or Business would be ideal
- A minimum of 4-5 years Traffic Management/Project management experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- Experience with and comfortable in remote work
- Proficiency in more than one South African language is an advantage
- Adaptable to change
- Driven to achieve results
- Exceptional coaching skills
- Strong decision making, action planning, and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work on a team while demonstrating the organisation’s values which include collaboration, integrity and transparency
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost objectives
- Commitment to providing the highest level of support and quality
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.