Senior Account Manager: Boutique Agency – Cape Town
We have a fabulous opportunity for a proactive, hands-on Senior Account Manager with solid TTL agency experience to join the dynamic team at a boutique agency in Cape Town. In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining profitable and mutually beneficial relationships between the agency and its clients. This role will see you working on a variety of clients mostly within the premium sector, from international and various local brands including alcohol, FMCG, hospitality, property, financial and more. You will work with CI collateral and your ability to help rejuvenate brands will set you apart. We’re looking for someone with leadership abilities who has previously managed staff as you will have two Account Executives reporting to you. The ideal candidate is a confident team player with a big personality and the ability to engage at all levels. You will join a fabulous, focused and dedicated team of individuals, who pride themselves on delivering personalised service to their clients as well as tailored strategic concepts, designs and brand solutions.
- Working on accounts for consumer brands, with the opportunity to expand as the team and client portfolio grows
- Building strong working relationships with clients, external partners and suppliers while delivering against tight timelines and budgets (meetings, email and phone)
- Owning the delivery and quality of projects for clients based on deep technical understanding of the industry, trends and opportunities
- Ensuring that client needs, and requirements are understood, interpreted and communicated accurately and that their expectations are managed at all times
- Overseeing creative delivery to ensure it reflects client brief
- Effectively growing client relationships and identifying client growth opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling existing clients
- Always ensure client accounts are up to date ensuring monthly recons are done, reports are sent out and accounts are paid up
- Sound financial management of account – quoting, billing and achievement of all campaigns and projects within client budgets
- Must be capable of compiling contact and status reports and writing up briefs
- Must have high attention to detail
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Three years’ TTL experience as an Account Manager at an advertising agency
- Relevant tertiary qualification – advantageous
- Digital experience – a big plus!
- Able to meet deadlines and manage budgets
- A solid understanding of the print and production process
- Great interpersonal skills
- Own transport – essential
- Ability to manage and effectively deliver on multiple campaigns/projects with fast turnarounds
- Is a team player and participates in company activities
- Experience in strategically analysing and solving clients’ business problems
- Planning and presentation skills
- Experience with managing client budgets and holding financial control
- Thorough knowledge of Chase
- Understanding of excel, word, PowerPoint
- Excellent understanding of the print production process.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you