We have a fabulous job opportunity for a senior Art Director at a leading, awarded agency’s Johannesburg office. You will be responsible for generating conceptual and creative communication. We’re looking for someone who is hungry, hands-on, big thinking, and able- to-roll-out campaigns working across multi-channel platforms (ATL and Integrated). If you’re awarded, passionate, collaborative, and keen to find out more about this exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
- To produce and craft original and usable concepts in response to creative briefs
- To present work internally and externally in a clear and professional manner
- Work closely with relevant account teams, ensuring effective communication and management of team’s expectations
- Work with account teams to understand the client’s brand and manage projects in a way that will support the delivery of the brand
- To manage and take ownership of projects from origination to completion
- Accurate recording of work time
- Disseminate learning through other creative teams and the department
- To develop skills and knowledge within yourself through on–the-job development, active participation in the agency and department
- Provide feedback to your copywriter regarding improvements that could be made to your team, the department and agency
- Create clear goals for yourself and set out to achieve them
- Actively support and involve team members at the appropriate time to resolve issues
- Encourage all members to look for collaborative ways to make this a great place to work.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree or Diploma in Art Direction (or a Degree in Communication/Design/Fine Art etc. that shows competent visual skills)
- 7 -10 years’ minimum experience in art direction
- Mainstream advertising agency experience – a must
- A passionate art director
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communication skills
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint or Keynote
- MS Outlook
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, iMovie
- And any other programmes or presentation tools necessary in order to perform the job.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.