Hamburg calling! Are you ready to take the call that could change your life? We have a superb job opportunity for a Senior Business Lead at a fabulous agency based in Hamburg, Germany. The agency is part of a renowned global group where you’ll be working on a leading, global beauty brand. As such, Beauty/Cosmetics/Skincare experience is an essential non-negotiable for success in this role. In this exciting position as Business Lead, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the account in all aspects including financial processes and profitability while proactively managing and developing team members. As luck would have it the client sits in the agency to facilitate a sleek working process.
This fantastic role will see you leading 3-5 major campaigns per year in a strategically important product pillar, refreshing and helping the brand gain credibility in its ‘must-win’ category. Your team includes an Account Director, Account Manager and a Project Manager. We’re looking for a diplomatic individual with strong leadership abilities to lead the global Comms team, Category team and Markets, aligning briefs/goals and delivering strategic and creative excellence. The role reports to the Global Client Lead, along with 4 other Business Leads running various other pillars. The successful candidate must have through-the-line (ATL/BTL/Digital) advertising agency experience.
Don’t speak German? Don’t stress, this role is for someone with excellent written and spoken English, so no German is necessary. If you’re looking for a change, we’re looking for you!
Please note: This is not a remote role, and the successful candidate will be required to relocate.
- Expected to be a strategic client contact and advisor, daily engagement with range of key clients
- Owns the client relationship on assigned brand by establishing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Owns the brand strategy and consumer journey … effectively influences the client to achieve brand objectives
- Partners effectively with ECD and creative teams to deliver top-shelf creative work
- Contributes to and may be accountable for new business development
- Responsible for staffing, managing and leading the assigned account team
- Finances: Understands agency revenue and profitability model; Managing and forecasting account financials
- Ensures work is completed within budget by project
- Owns the revenue and forecast for the brand
- Determines and negotiates budget needs; provides input to fee development
- Trouble shoot: Keeps management informed of account status, problems, plans, and meetings and gets senior management involved as needed
- Team Leadership: Serves as team leader to both integrated agency team and to client
- Managing both junior & senior stakeholders, up to C-suite level
- Managing cross-functional teams of 8+ different disciplines, including inter-office & inter-agency
- Working across multiple projects with clients in different time zones
- Delivering large-scale, high- profile conference presentations
- Leading & facilitating client workshops & discovery sessions.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 10+ years’ proven experience
- ATL/BTL/Digital Advertising experience
- Previous experience on a cosmetics or skincare account – non-negotiable
- Significant experience as a global or regional Account Leader in a senior capacity – essential
- Inspiring leader, strategically sound and creatively motivated – essential
- Positive, resilient, fun-loving
- Detail-oriented, organised personality and great multi-tasker
- Fluency in written and spoken English (speaking German is not necessary)
- Highly proficient on Apple OS X – essential
- Highly proficient on Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Able to relocate to Hamburg, Germany.