Planning on relocating beyond our borders? This is for you! We have an outstanding job opportunity for a Senior Medical Writer at a leading global Communications agency based in Hong Kong. This role will require relocation to Hong Kong however initially the role can start remotely. Working on leading healthcare brands both regionally and globally, you will require a background in life sciences as well as ‘hands on’ B2B & B2C writing experience for this client facing role.
As one of the Senior Medical Writers in the team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the content and project management for editorial and content-focused projects. You will work across a number of key accounts and will manage other external and internal writers and their work. You will be charged with keeping editorial and scientific standards high and working with the senior management team to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget and with the correct editorial resources in place. You will work closely with the account leads on a range of editorial materials and projects (e.g. manuscripts, slide presentations, training materials, websites, digital applications, congress materials and advisory boards) for a wide range of audiences ensuring they are strategically and scientifically accurate. You will be responsible for the quality, and scientific integrity of your work and that of the wider editorial team. Working alongside the client services team your role will be to nurture and expand the business relationships with clients. You would also be expected to play a key part in ensuring all editorial projects run profitably.
If you have solid experience as a medical writer and are looking for a change of scenery, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Apply today!
- A thorough understanding of a product strategy and therapy area to ensure communication objectives are met
- Uses a range of resources to understand the underlying science and product strategy
- Possesses the ability to identify key thought leaders using multiple research approaches
- A broad understanding of all therapy areas within the agency and able to support the wider team as necessary
- Maintains a broad awareness of developments in relevant therapeutic areas, and within the medical communications and pharmaceutical industry.
- Writes and manages the delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communication activities
- Able to manage several projects and accounts at the same time.
- Capable of working on multiple project types (e.g. manuscripts, slide decks, events, websites, training programs, advisory boards)
- Able to adapt writing style to suit different audiences, including primary-/secondary-care physicians, pharmacists, media, nurses, or patients
- Acts as the main point of contact for the client on scientific support and strategy and takes briefs with no supervision – providing in turn, detailed briefs to other team members
- Resolves queries from clients and collaborators and liaises effectively with the wider team to find answers and supply responses in a timely manner
- Can confidently provide onsite writing/content support and is able to undertake client visits alone if necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring all editorial work adheres to internal quality control processes
- Reviews projects for scientific/strategic accuracy and alignment with the project brief and feedback
- Effectively communicates with other writers to ensure feedback is incorporated accurately
- Manages the proof-reading process – training junior and other team members and effectively managing additional resources as necessary.
- Able to oversee and run onsite event-related editorial activities, including slide reviews, managing speakers’ scientific content, and facilitating advisory boards.
- Leading the scientific aspect of meetings (advisory boards, training workshops, physician congresses), including developing agendas and scientific programs, defining presentation briefs, briefing expert speakers, supporting/developing slide decks, overseeing all event-related editorial and other materials
- Collaborating with clients and facilitating alignment of content with client objectives
- Knowledgeable of and ensuring adherence to compliance and regulatory procedures in all matters.
- Participates in the execution of editorial deliverables to project deadlines, budgets, and briefs
- Initiates discussions with the client services teams on any potential barriers to successful project completion that may arise and suggests solutions that address any questions or concerns
- Creates, maintains, and takes ownership of assigned projects and coaches junior team members.
- Leads on calls with clients, physicians, and other collaborators
- Full client management capability. Able to build strong relationships quickly with new clients
- Acts as senior point of contact for clients to resolve any editorial issues.
- Supports the team in the identification of new business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Applies knowledge to account plans, communication programs, proposals, and pitches
- A key member of the pitch team, expected to attend new business pitches.
- Is actively involved in constructing development plans for the team and members. Plays an active role in appraisals, objective setting, and identification of training needs
- Coaches and mentors junior writers and other team members, providing training in relevant therapy areas, disciplines, and editorial processes
- Helps define and maintain editorial processes and working practices.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree, ideally in life sciences
- Experience of working in medical education and healthcare communications
- 6+ years’ experience in an agency environment
- A solid background of medical writing and experience of managing writers and being responsible for the standards of all editorial work produced by them
- Comfortable developing and maintaining client relationships and able to present clearly and with an engaging approach. You’ll be experienced at managing multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally with a proactive approach
- Background in life sciences
- Hands on B2B and B2C writing experience
- Comfortable in a client facing role
- Able to relocate to Hong Kong.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.