Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a wonderful job opportunity for a Senior PR Account Executive to join the team working on the Corporate/Financial client portfolios at a super PR consultancy in Cape Town. We’re looking for a highly organised individual with love for media and excellent critical thinking skills – the successful candidate should possess a nose for a story and a passion for learning. In this role you’ll be responsible for managing the team’s day-to-day operations, including being the main contact for clients and journalists- reporting directly to the Account Director. The Senior PR Account Executive will assign articles to writers/content management, pitch to media, manage and update databases, content management system, and invoice system. Working with the Reporting Assistant, you will also need to oversee reporting, daily coverage and presentations. This is a great chance to elevate your career by joining one of South Africa’s most renowned Public Relations agencies.
- Traffic management including robust project management skills, meeting publication deadlines and time management
- Pitching press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to journalists
- Arrange interviews with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Prepare reports and ensuring that they’re concise, accurate and presentable
- Write a media brief, press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Identify new media create/maintain and grow email databases
- Identifying angles and suggesting new article ideas with the Account Director
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication with clients
- Manage the content management system and filing
- Manage the supplier payment process
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the broader team and clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences when needed
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum diploma or undergraduate degrees- such as BCom, BA or BTech – with major in Journalism, Social Science, English, Marketing Communication, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field
- Certificate/high proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Sound media relations skills, including good knowledge of the South African media landscape
- Able to recognise a good story, track news and proactively look for media opportunities for the client
- Abilities in traffic management, project management, including coordinating people and operations
- Exceptional client service skills
- Excellent writing ability, including copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent organisational, mentorship and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- A self-starter and independent worker
- Deeply thoughtful with excellent analytical thinking skills
- Highly organised and pays attention to small details
- Curious (loves to learn, broad general knowledge and love for media)
- Would be described as a strong communicator, highly collaborative and considers themselves a team player
- Innovative and loves to improve things
- Business-minded/ entrepreneurial
- Experience in brand journalism, content marketing, advertising, copywriting or brand communications – advantageous
- Proficient with Chase software, Newsclip, Meltwater or Ornico – advantageous.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.