Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Are you a Public Relations Manager with previous financial services and writing experience as a journalist? We have a terrific job opportunity for a dynamic, Senior Public Relations Manager at a leading financial services company’s Cape Town HQ.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong writing experience as this makes up a large part of the job. While this exciting senior role is very hands on, you won’t need to manage a team.
If you are financially astute and passionate about writing for this sector, get in touch today, we’d love to see your portfolio.
- Maintaining PR governance processes
- Quality communication content and applying plain language principles
- Writing and copy checking internal and external content and articles
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities to reinforce company culture and values
- Positively profile Marketing within business and promotion of positive team dynamics
- PR support to internal marketing campaigns/social media contact
- Ad hoc short-term support to Marketing team
- Liaising with various stakeholders within the business (Management, advisers, operational support departments)
- PR agency management, producing and editing content, providing support to media and company Spokespeople
- Maximising communications content: Promote reuse of existing content
- Liaising with company staff internally to facilitate comment where needed/draft holding statements and responses
- Review PR strategy and tailor approach as needed
- Facilitating and setting up media training
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Completed relevant Communications and PR Degree
- 5 -7 years relevant communication and journalism work experience (financial industry essential)
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and at least one other of the official South African languages
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Communication: Oral and written
- Consistency and attention-to-detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in line with overall marketing strategy
- Drive for results
- Resilience, working under pressure and prioritisation
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
Please submit a relevant writing & PR portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.