Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a terrific job opportunity for a mid-weight Social Media Copywriter to work on a fabulous retail brand at a top Johannesburg agency. As Social Media Copywriter you’ll work alongside a Social Media Art Director and be responsible for the conceptualisation and creation of Social Media content for a retail brand. Together you will think and create in the multimedia formats of Social Media. As part of the Social team you’ll be jointly responsible for the consistency and quality of all content that goes out on social channels. This ranges from the responses used in conversations through to feature pieces of content. You may also work with the wider Marketing team to ensure consistency in tone and Social Media innovation in campaign work. We’re looking for someone skilled in both the conceptualisation and production of work. If you’re mad for Social and conceptually innovative, we’d love to hear from you!
- Concepting Social Media ideas/posts
- Social Media research (e.g. what’s trending today/relevant influencers to work with)
- Managing shoots
- In-house production (e.g. stop motion shoot/photography)
- Scripts for feature content
- Briefing of production partners
- Managing reactions and conversations alongside customer service (where required)
- Keeping up to date with Social Media best practice and platform changes.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum years of experience: 4 – 5 years
- Previous agency experience and retail experience – hugely advantageous
- Highly proficient on all Social Media platforms
- Social Media management abilities
- Strong Copywriting skills
- Conceptual and creative
- Team player
- Quick thinker.
Please submit a relevant social media writing portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.