Calling all tech-heads! We have a wonderful opportunity for a talented mid-senior Technical/Longform Writer at a cutting-edge tech start-up that’s going places. This Cape Town based role offers the right candidate a really exciting opportunity to translate all the company’s “geekery” into really helpful FAQ answers, product information, explainer emailers, general web and app copy. We’re looking for a writer who is agile, genuinely excited by technology and has experience with writing technical/instructional copy. The successful candidate will be writing for both their app and website and must have a proven track record in the technical writing space. If you revel in interpreting technical information into user-friendly and easy to read content, we’d love to hear from you.
It is worth noting that the company will also look at a journalist who has the relevant skills and abilities.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organisational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A portfolio – essential
- A technical background would be advantageous – but is not necessary, however a solid understanding of technical concepts is
- Able to understand technical information, distil and communicate it
- A creative flair for explaining concepts simply and differently
- A genuine interest in technology
- A proven track record.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
Please submit your technical writing portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.