A leading, awarded agency’s Joburg studio has an exciting opening for a senior UX/UI Designer to join their team. This role will see the successful candidate producing design solutions to communicate their clients’ messages with high visual impact. Is it you?
Day to day:
- Meeting creative directors, clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and designers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and would look like.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g., responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Interpreting the creative directors and client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work to provide accurate quotes for clients.
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Thorough understanding of communication practices including usability and graphic interface design.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to creative directors, clients or account managers.
- Working with a wide range of media, including raw video or photography using a variety of UX/UI design and animation software.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief.
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- Working as part of a team with creative directors, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, developers and marketing specialists.
- Work with Creative Director to establish the art / design direction of all projects.
- Monitor the conceptual / visual evolution of product and application development.
- Ensure that the highest creative and design standards are met.
- Brand and CI custodian / gatekeeper on all interactive projects.
- Implement brand and communication strategy through design.
- Prepare and present your own creative solutions.
- Design production from concept through to implementation.
- Deliver on design solutions for applications and templates.
- Overall accountability for your deliveries.
- Develop, communicate and maintain strict design guidelines and consistency standards.
- Work closely with the team to build visually striking marketing communications.
- Assume a mentorship role to grow junior designers.
- Assist and contribute toward regular creative team meetings.
- Manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Liaise with technical managers and other members of the technical team.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Qualifications: BSc in Design, Computer or Diploma Design (or a degree in communication/design/fine art etc. that shows competent visual skills).
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- 8+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g., Adobe XD, InVision, Sketch, Figma)
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communication skills
- Creative digital agency background
- Foundation in UX/UI
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- Adobe XD, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- And any other programmes or presentation tools necessary in order to perform the role.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.