We have a stunning contract opportunity for someone uniquely talented! A renowned and dynamic Cape Town eLearning institution is on the lookout for a talented mid-weight Video Editor of Explainer Videos. In this exciting role you’ll be required to provide vision in editing technologically enhanced instructional materials. The ideal candidate works with the digital, art, and editorial teams to develop, organise, and edit video content into a slick, user-friendly final product.
- Develop, organise, and edit video content that effectively tells a story using both audio and visual elements
- Work within the video production process in support of specified creative and business objectives
- Efficiently manage the workflow of assigned projects
- Add in graphics and special effects to enhance the quality of videos for the final product
- Ensure correct formatting for finalised explainer videos according to specifications
- Attend progress meetings to help brainstorm ideas and report on work progress
- Remain up to date on digital video trends and emerging platforms including insights into cultural trends, best practices, and target audiences
- Work in a collaborative manner to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in visual communications, film, media production, or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a Video Editor or similar role
- A good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Other tools
- Experience with Adobe After Effects – preferred
- A good multi-tasker who can work within tight deadlines
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can articulate your ideas
- Adaptable, highly goal-driven
- A keen eye to ensure content is free from errors
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience with quick turnarounds and solo editing process, and intensive revision edits expected
- Able to maintain a positive attitude, even while working under pressure
- Demonstrate commitment through collaboration and positive, proactive communication.
Please submit your show reel/portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.