We have a superb on-site opportunity for a Mid-weight In-house Journalist to work at an innovative, global business administration outsourcing company based in Cape Town. The company’s Cape Town office services their international network.
We are looking for an In-house Journalist with corporate communications experience and exceptional writing skills that encompass website and email copywriting (to sell and convert), content writing (to educate), press releases, annual reports, ghost writing and magazine-style interviews. You’ll also be well-versed in the latest Marketing trends.
The company offers Marketing, Communications, and administrative services to well-known local and international global mobility brands. The successful writer will deliver efficient and creative solutions to their clients, that engage and convert target customers in an ever-evolving global market.
If you are someone with a hunger for knowledge with multi-faceted writing and communications skills, we would love to chat. Apply today!
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent professional experience
- 4-5 years of experience in corporate communications
- 2-3 years copy editing and proofreading experience
- English as a first language
- Exceptional writer with experience in website and email copywriting (to sell and convert), content writing (to educate), press releases, annual reports, ghost writing and magazine-style interviews
- Experience interviewing internal and external stakeholders to gather information for written content
- Proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Speaker of an additional European language and has translation experience – highly advantageous
- Portfolio showcasing writing skills across multiple content types – essential
- Self-motivated and curious auto-didact who is stays up to date with marketing and communications trends
- Works efficiently under pressure, able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised, proactive, conscientious and detail oriented
- You love language but you’re comfortable with numbers too.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.