We have a fantastic opportunity that adds up in all the right ways! A leading wine estate in the Cape Winelands is on the hunt for a qualified Chartered Accountant to serve as Senior Finance Manager. The successful candidate will join a vibrant young team, working as second in command to the Chief Financial Officer.
As Chartered Accountant/Senior Finance Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the financial management of the company’s Hospitality and Retail business, leveraging your proven sector experience. You will be responsible for overseeing financial operations, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and optimising financial processes within the business. Exposure to Business Central, Mews, Tall Order, and Opera is beneficial.
This is an on-site opportunity, and a CA qualification is essential.
If watching the bottom line is instinctual so that every Rand makes “sense,” we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
- Financial Management: Manage all aspects of financial planning, analysis, and reporting for the company’s hospitality, retail, and food production divisions, helping the management make informed financial decisions
- Accounting and Bookkeeping: Ensure accurate financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and general ledger entries
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop and monitor budgets, forecasts, and financial models to support strategic decision-making
- Financial Reporting: Oversee preparation of financial statements, reports, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for management and stakeholders
- Cost Control: Ensure the finance team monitors and controls expenditures so the business operates within budget
- Tax and Compliance: Ensure compliance with tax regulations and financial reporting requirements
- Cash Management: Manage cash flow, liquidity, and financial assets to meet the businesses financial obligations
- Financial Analysis: Conduct in-depth financial analysis, identifying opportunities for cost reduction and revenue enhancement
- Supply Chain Oversight: Collaborate closely with the supply chain team to optimise procurement and inventory management, ensuring cost-effective operations
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure compliance with industry regulations and internal financial controls. Identify and mitigate financial risks
- Team Leadership: Lead the Hospitality & Retail finance team, providing mentorship and guidance to maximise their performance
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, communicate financial insights effectively, and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Problem Solving: Proactively identify financial challenges and implement solutions to drive financial performance.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) Degree qualification – Non-negotiable
- Extensive experience in the hospitality, retail, and food production sectors
- Proficiency in financial software, including Business Central, Mews, Tall Order, and Oracle is beneficial
- Self-starter with a proactive and accountable approach to work
- Strong people skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound financial decisions.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.