We have a wonderful on-site opportunity for a conceptual, mid-senior Integrated Art Director/Graphic Designer to join the in-house studio at a global logistics company headquartered in Cape Town. While this role is on-site, there is some flexibility.
As Art Designer/Designer, you will be required to manage creative and design projects while producing high quality work throughout all stages of a project or campaign.
If you’re ambitious and keen to make your mark – this could be perfect for you. If you have a great aesthetic sense, creative thinking, and attention to detail – we want to hear from you!
- Create and manage the overall design and visual style for websites, ad campaigns, photo-shoots, and commercial film productions.
- Study creative briefs and determine requirements
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter
- Conceptualise visuals based on requirements
- Define the visual direction of a campaign and photoshoots
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualise ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final art works
- Test graphics across various media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Mentor the junior design team
- Present completed ideas to team members / project owners
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a creative agency
- Extensive experience in art direction and graphic design
- A strong portfolio of concepts, photo manipulation, graphics, and/or compelling layouts
- Familiarity with design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
Please submit a PDF/link to a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.