Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference
We have a fabulous in-house opportunity for a mid-weight Digital SEO Copywriter at one of South Africa’s legendary gaming and entertainment brands in Cape Town’s CBD. In this fully on-site role as Digital SEO Copywriter, you will be responsible for engaging and compelling online content for the company’s target audience.
You will serve as the Digital team’s primary copywriter for blog posts, web pages, long-form articles, and external forums. The primary objective is improving the company’s organic search results, expanding their online digital audience and helping to grow online revenue. You will also be providing on page and other needed content.
Although an established company, they are creating a new in-house studio for this division making this very much a start-up environment.
If you are poised to pen perfect prose that performs, we want to see your portfolio! Apply today.
- Write high-quality, error-free, original, and engaging long form sports/gambling copy
- Work with the design team in the visual’s selection process for every copy to drive user experience, e.g., infographics
- Take complex topics and break them down into digestible, engaging, shareable content
- Developing both new articles/pages and optimising/rewriting existing pages/articles
- Develop content plans/topics aligned to the broader SEO strategy
- Keyword research/topic generation
- Write compelling copy focussed on keyword research / target keywords with SEO and conversion in mind
- Research and fact-check thoroughly to ensure accuracy and effectiveness
- Publish blog posts and web content on WordPress according to content calendar
- Collaborate cross-functionally for content ideation
- Build and implement initiatives to help increase organic traffic to the website
- Work quickly and deliver content delivered consistently, accurately and on time.
- Requires specialised knowledge of copywriting, editing techniques, and processes relating to SEO and the development of written and print content
- Short term planning within a 6-month timeframe
- Organise, plan, and prioritise tasks for self to ensure that work gets done efficiently and within budget constraints
- Interact with management across business units to influence and encourage specific behaviour.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-year Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing, communication, English, journalism
- GAIQ certification (Google Analytics Certification) is an advantage
- Copywriting certification
- 5 years’ experience working within a digital role as a copywriter; producing digital content
- Experience in the use of SEO Tools and Google Analytics for measuring and reporting
- Previous relevant experience working in a related sector – exposure to/knowledge of the sports betting and online gaming/casino industry is a strong advantage
- Excellent writing career
- Portfolio proof of ability will be requested
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Highly proficient in long form copy role – there will be quantity to be written
- Understanding of best practice of SEO and able to jump in and do key word research when required – beneficial
- Advanced proficiency in MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe)
- Command of other languages is advantageous, especially French
- A willingness to develop a deep understanding of SEO writing strategies
- Use of generic SEO tools like Yoast, Grammarly and Litmus Marketing
- Understanding of communication legislation (POPIA/CPA/WASPA)
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Keyword research
- Experience with popular content management systems especially WordPress
- Experience with web analytics and architecture
- Copywriting skills
- Attention to detail
- Managing results
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Organising & Planning
- Managing Customer & Stakeholder Expectations
- May be required to work overtime in line with operational requirements (this may include weekends, public holidays).
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.