We have a superb opportunity for an experienced Mid-weight Point-of-Sale (POS) Manager at a global, cutting edge, pop culture brand’s Cape Town HQ.
The POS Manager is responsible for the development and coordination of the trade marketing strategy in line with both the sales and brand plans. Utilising shopper/market data and trends, their key objective is to maximise the potential of the brand in the trade whilst maintaining the brand personality and its core values.
As POS Manager you will also be responsible for the planning, ordering, placement, maintenance, and warehousing of all Off-Premise Point-of-Sales (POS) material for South Africa. Additionally, budget management and dealing with agencies will be a key component – as such we’re looking for a highly numerical and analytical candidate. Someone who is comfortable managing large budgets and briefing external agencies. Experience in Trade & Operations and the ability to lead your junior report are beneficial.
If you are a driven POS Manager with project management and problem-solving skills, we’d love to chat. Apply today!
Consultant: Kim Steven – firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade Marketing Solutions
- Use strong understanding of sales, category trends and insights to explore and develop new and exciting trade marketing ideas and solutions
- Provide briefings to external agencies and suppliers for development of new POS, and merchandising tools
- Manage project plan for development of new POS and merchandising tools.
Alignment & Coordination of Sales and Marketing Activities
- Collaborate and plan with local and international Marketing and Sales departments pro-actively and challenge traditions
- Establish an internal network with all departments necessary for efficient working – Brand, Sales, Logistics, Finance, and Category teams
- Be the point of contact for the national & field sales teams to advise and give guidance on all accounts for activation & POS in Off Premise
Reporting & Analyses
- Value adding analysis reports which proactively resolve issues as well as identify business opportunities
- Track and evaluate Perfect Store Auditing Data (PSA) and deliver reports to Sales Team to allow for corrective actions to take place
- Ownership of the Trade Marketing budget & stock on hand as per guidelines and requirements alongside Operations
- Time in field with sales team to understand trade and customer dynamics and note competitor activity.
Trade Marketing Knowledge & Capability
- Recommend and support trade activity proposals with commercial backing, pushing the brand guidelines whilst protecting the brand image
- Create and develop all channels of communication that contribute to the timely execution of initiatives at internal, trade or shopper level.
POS Tools Implementation & Development
- Ensure global POS toolkit is used effectively
- Adhere to brand guidelines and appropriately represents the brand (e.g. creative and innovative)
- Meet country needs and objectives by being financially viable; ensure national POS is developed only when international material is not appropriate, and a clear commercial benefit is recognised.
Mange POS Specialist
- Train, motivate, lead, and develop the skills of POS Specialist in order to maximise their potential and results
- Quarterly performance reviews and provide guidance on where there is room for growth, as well as acknowledge good performance.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Higher Commercial Degree/University Degree (Business, Marketing or similar) – preferable
- 5-10 years’ experience in the FMCG industry and the Off-Premise trade & operations specifically – would be preferable
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Operations & Logistics experience would be an advantage
- Good understanding of the Brand and related Marketing strategies
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- High numerical ability; discerns trends, patterns, and anomalies in data with probable cause and effect
- Able to manage large budgets
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to retrieve, understand and interpret data from numerous sources
- Project Management & experience in briefing and managing external agency partners.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build strong cross-functional working relationships at all levels
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Travel 0-10%
- Valid driving license.
Consultant: Kim Steven – email@example.com
Previously disadvantaged candidates may be given preference.